Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Why they killed him ? who can correct the story please ?     

Why they killed him ? who can correct the story please ?

alexziaa
France

Why they killed him ? who can correct the story please ?

Who can correct the story please ?  

Once, a group of people used to live in a cave, they were living in the darkness of the cave, where they could only see some shadows, they haven’t seen any light, son, oceans, rivers, trees, plants, or something else outside the cave.

One day, one of them, somehow the other, do not know how, but, he found a way and saw a different life than he was living in the cave, He saw light, plants, animals, trees, songs of the birds, waters stars in the night, planets in the sky, and had a totally different experience of life.

This person came back to the cave and told his fellow beings that he saw something else, that he had a different experience than they were living in the cave.

These people were strongly uneasy and concerned and they thought that the person was crazy, people of the cave did not accept his new ideas and they finally killed him.

Why exactly they killed him?

24 Nov 2019      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Once, a group of people lived in a cave; they lived in the darkness of the cave, where they could see only shadows; they couldn�t see any light, sun, oceans, rivers, trees, plants, or anything else outside the cave.

One day, one of them, somehow or other, I  do not know how, but, he found a way out and saw a different life to the one he was living in the cave. He saw light, plants, animals, trees; he heard the birdsong, the waters; he saw the stars in the night, the planets in the sky, and he had a totally different experience of life.

This person came back to the cave and told his fellow beings that he had seen something else, that he had had a different experience to the one they were living in the cave.

These people were very uneasy and concerned and they thought that the person was crazy; the  people of the cave did not accept his new ideas and they finally killed him.

Why exactly did they kill him?

24 Nov 2019     

maryse pey�
France

The Myth of the Cavern is an interesting philosophical story about the several sides of truth and the acceptance of this idea. This short text underlines the difference between a rigid frame and a soft one. It is about adaptation in a moving world.

If you want to read another version, a longer one - 6 books - about such a notion just read the series : THE EARTH�S CHILDREN... Some behaviors have been the same for ages !

Thanks Lynne for your correction and thanks for the reminding of such a powerful notion alexziaa.

24 Nov 2019     

grihfen
Albania

jajaja good question?

24 Nov 2019     

nasreddine Sarsar
Tunisia

Once upon a time, a group of people used to live in a cave. They were living in the darkness of the cave where they could only see some shadows. They couldn�t see any light, sun, oceans, rivers, trees, plants, or anything else outside the cave.

One day, one of them,  I don�t know how,  found a way out and saw a different life than the one he had gone through in the cave. He saw stars in the night and planets in the sky. He saw alien plants, forest animals, mighty trees. He heard birds singing and water rippling. He had a totally different life experience.

This person came back to the cave and told his fellow beings that he had seen something else. He informed them that he had had a different life experience other than the one they underwent in the cave.

These people were very uneasy and concerned, and they thought the man was crazy. They did not believe a word he, so they finally killed him.

Why exactly did they kill him?

24 Nov 2019     

alexziaa
France

Many thanks every one :) I am happy that you have read the story :) 

25 Nov 2019     

douglas
United States

Plato�s cave:

Youtube video:

25 Nov 2019     

Sophia83
Russian Federation

We still live in a cave 

25 Nov 2019     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Sophia83, how true! You look around and feel despair! In England, we need more houses building but when you see the finished product, it�s dreadful. Big houses, with tiny or no gardens. There is no room for trees and plants and there are no birds on these new housing estates.  Last night, I had a dream (true); I was reading an article and I saw the title clear as day: �The Wastelands, where no birds sing�. 
Lynne  

26 Nov 2019     

Sophia83
Russian Federation

Lynne, wow, what a dream...
It�s very sad to see all the disturbing signs... I live in Russia just outside Moscow and for the past two summers I started noticing how literally ALL trees are sick, their leaves disfigured or covered in black or white spots, they just don�t look healthy anymore. I see it as a sign or a warning for disrespecting nature, for being disconnected with the world, people and mainly ourselves, for being hostile and aggressive. I know that I can�t change the world yet I believe I can figure out what I am missing out, what I can�t see and understand. As I truly feel it already, we do live in the Wasteland. 

26 Nov 2019     

alexziaa
France

Many thanks for the wonderful thoughts :) 

26 Nov 2019