Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > ws copied from coursebooks    

ws copied from coursebooks

anniar83
Poland

ws copied from coursebooks

Everytime I look through ESLprintables I keep finding worksheets which are simply copied from some coursebooks , sometmes very old ones. It �s not fair... Is there any option to report such worksheets anywhere?

13 Mar 2009      

libertybelle
United States

Yes there is!  Under the comment box is a place to report a stolen printable.
This is really getting tiring. Unhappy
I use hours to make materials and there is always someone who wants to take the easy way.
Shame on them!!!
L

13 Mar 2009     

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

SHAME ON THESE SO CALLED "TEACHERS" I don �t know what they can teach- how to steal?

13 Mar 2009     

orisya
Ukraine

yes, and after asking them to delete "their" scanned thing, the reply is "Stop bothering me, don �t you see - people like this worksheet?!"Disapprove

13 Mar 2009     

nebo_Londona
Russian Federation

Come on, L!
Every time I go to eslprintables ( I do it every day even several times a day - I really love this site) I see posts shoiting STOLEN SCANNED. Then I make search.... And what do I see?>>>I see lots of scanned worksheets from such popular Oxford courses as Chatterbox or Project or different timesavers. And theses WSs are done by people who have thousand of points! Actually I never shout or report. Frankly speaking, the WSs are a little bit changed - the pictures are not on their places as in the original, sometimes something is added. But still it is a page from a workbook. Don �t get me wrong please, but if such great members do it from time to time (I mean use different sources and slightly change them) why there should be so much fuss around scanning! Of course when it is  the whole page?, we can report it. But why talking about it on the forum***???Just report it and that �s all!! BTW I can �t draw and I am forced to use pictures from different sources too.
Sorry if I offended you

13 Mar 2009     

libertybelle
United States

No offense taken - but I sure don �t agree with you Nebo.

Anniar is writing about people stealing whole worksheets and activities and calling them their own.
That sucks and that is unacceptable.
I �d have a fit if someone tried to upload one of my sheets as their own.
and that kind of theft is going on here too, right and left!!!

No one is asking anyone to be an artist here. We all beg, borrow, and use clip art and images from where ever we can get them - but then comes the real work; Making great worksheets, questions, reading materials, games, grammar, word-searches and what ever.
It �s the personal contribution that makes a WS your own.
Some people only want to get and not to share. Now THAT is a bummer!

13 Mar 2009     

spring
Turkey

Adaptation has a place in teaching.
We were all taught this fact in our academic training I think.
Of course adaptation should be done properly.Changing the place of a picture,renaming  or adding a few sentences to the original one shouldn �t be regarded as adaptation.
But stealing...This is another issue.
There are lots of hard-working teachers in our community and to make them feel valuable for their efforts we have to report stolen ws.
What happens if everybody starts to think "plagiarism is not cared in this community"Question
Isn´t this taught demoralising for others??It may even lead to give-ups for productive teachers.
Like L,I think the same way.
StealingAngry is unacceptable..

13 Mar 2009     

spring
Turkey

By the way can we use a word like " give-ups" to talk about abondenment??
Or is this my coinage :)))
Native speakers are you still there:)))????

13 Mar 2009     

floris79
Chile

In away they steal twice caus first the worksheet of the book and than the worksheet they download with there false points.

13 Mar 2009     

LauD
Argentina

Totally unfair considering that we use our valuable time to create, design, find suitable pictures, etc
I these sassy  �teachers � who steal material and present it as own should be banned from this site. Don �t you think so?

13 Mar 2009     

LauD
Argentina

I meant �I think these sassy teachers... �
I forgot one word. Sorry! But this issue makes me nervous.

13 Mar 2009