Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > A dilemma    

A dilemma

cunliffe
United Kingdom

A dilemma

I have a dilemma. I am making a powerpoint and it is wonderful! It is mainly wonderful because of the template. It is colourful and things fly in, boxes appear, handstands etc. I love it! But it�s not mine. I bought it from TES when I was a stand-in French teacher for a short time. The students were wowed with this powerpoint and I felt proud. I didn�t tell them I had bought it, because that would be unprofessional.  I don�t think it�s possible to send pms on that website - if anybody knows any different, could they let me know? I�m kinda sure this teacher wouldn�t mind my using this template for ESL, but that�s not the same as having permission... Does the fact that I bought the ppt entitle me to use the template? Should I just go ahead and nobody will be any the wiser? I�m not out to make a profit....I upload my stuff for free. 
Is it ethical to use her ppt template?  Any opinons? 
Lynne  

6 Jan 2020      

maryse pey�
France

Maybe you can change the color or add some small details or take away some ? Make it as a background only ? Reduce the size and use it as some kinkd of "windows" for several exercises on the same sheet ?

6 Jan 2020     

EstherLee76
Peru

Isn�t there a "Terms of Use" in the original?  A seller should really put those in.  If not....

6 Jan 2020     

douglas
United States

Esther is right, it all depends on the "terms of use" defined when you bought it.

7 Jan 2020     

s.lefevre
Brazil

In my opinion, if you bought it and it is a template, you have the right to use it. If not, why would anyone buy a template? You are not making profit, it is for education, so there shouldn�t be a problem.

7 Jan 2020     

valodra
France

I agree with s.lefevre….Why buy a Template if you cannot use it ?? ;-)) Go for it !
Val 

7 Jan 2020     

yanogator
United States

As is common for me, I have to be "that guy". There is a big difference between using a template and sharing it with others. I think that is Lynne�s dilemma, and I don�t really have an answer.

Bruce 

7 Jan 2020     

Engteachar
Argentina

What would you like to share? the activities or the template? I have the same dilemma. I have some PPT templates that I downloaded for free, made the activities myself, but I�m not sure if I can share them.

7 Jan 2020     

domif
France

Maybe you should read this: https://www.tes.com/content/teaching-resource-licence-deed   and this: https://www.tes.com/terms-conditions/terms-service#item-1640  to get an idea!

7 Jan 2020     

s.lefevre
Brazil

The copy right problem has been discussed here before and we really won�t never be 100% right using pictures, templates or texts from the net. Only  the members who use only self made texts and pictures, would have the right to publish in this case. Many of us, including myself, use pictures from Pinterest or Disney pictures, texts written by other people and so on. Our nice worksheets wouldn�t exist if we didn�t. We don�t steal the work of others to our profit, we borrow them for educational purpose. 

7 Jan 2020     

karagozian
France

Sylvia must be right.  C�est pour la bonne cause !!

7 Jan 2020     

1    2    Next >