Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Test made with different activities    

Test made with different activities

Mishuna
Argentina

Test made with different activities

Hi everyone...I just want to ask you something.
I �ve made a test from different worksheets and activities. It �s a selection of them. I �ve spent 3 hours editing pictures, text, colours, size, etc.
I wanted to share it with you..I mean, upload it. There are activities that I �ve changed a lot and some of my own creation.
The question is: should I upload it or not?
I know there are some worries about copied and scanned worksheets, but since I �ve made this one I don �t know what to do. I think AND want to upload it but I �m afraid of the sheriff cow. Things are not the same as they were a year ago...we use to be more friendly each other. I �ve seen that some of the best contributors were acussed of stealing and it wasn �t a very nice thing to see...

What do you think? Please tell me your opinion.

13 Mar 2009      

manuelanunes3
Portugal

Hi!

I think there is no problem if you have added exercises of your own. For example if the text is the same as another worksheet but you made a different approach and created different exercises, I wouldn �t consider that "stealing".

Best wishes
Manuela

13 Mar 2009     

carinaluc
Argentina

I think you should upload it, since your own work is involved in the creation of the ws.  Sometimes I feel the same way, in fact I �ve got a couple of ws I �m dubious about uploading because even though I �ve put a lot of effort in them, some people might think they are either copied or plagiarized...  What is still a mystery to me is why some ws that are just a simple frame or picture (most of the times not by the author) get lots of points, whereas others with a lot of work involved (not just my own, I �m talking about other people �s excellent ws as well) get a handful of points only.
My point is: upload it, a stolen ws can �t take a person 3 hours to make, so yours is definitely your own work!!!
A hug from another "scared" contributor
Carina

13 Mar 2009     

EvaGG
Spain

it is incredible that you have to feel bad about uploading your own work!!. Of course you can uploud it!!!
You shouldn�t feel scared of doing something which is allowed in this site, but I understand that reading some of the comments posted here you doubt about doing it. Don�t let yourself be influenced and do it.
All of you are doing a great job!!!
Congratulations!!!

13 Mar 2009     

trelly
Argentina

Hey Mishuna! I was going to ask the same! :)
I guess that as the tests are not EXACTLY the same activity (copy and pasting and changing 2 or 3 words to make a "different" worksheet). I was going to ask the creators of the worksheets I used if I could upload the tests, but I lost the txt document where I had written it! I think I will look for the original worksheets and send a private message to those users beforehand.

Warm fuzzies!

(BTW, I loved your signature!)

13 Mar 2009