Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Inability to upload a powerpoint    

Inability to upload a powerpoint

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Inability to upload a powerpoint

Hi guys,
I have been trying to upload a ppt and keep getting the 500 Internal error message. It is pptx and under 3MB. Is anyone else having problems with this, or could anyone advise me? It does have a link to a youtube clip, but this shouldn�t cause problems, should it? 
Lynne  

18 Jan 2020      

karagozian
France

Eager to see that one but unable to help you. I have never uploaded any ppt. Who knows, maybe one day I might try, then I�ll ask YOU. Good luck. It will work. I know some very witty and efficient people who are going to help you dear friend.

18 Jan 2020     

maryse pey�
France

I can�t help because I have uploaded only 2 .docx yesterday and it was ok.

I don�t think it may be the video link. May it be with a virus stopped by the security system ? Why not but I am sure you would have been warned before, when you were watching it.

It may be a period with too many uploadings at the same time ? Victor checking the main system of the site ?

Have you tried again to upload your document ?

Hugs.

Maryse. 

18 Jan 2020     

cristinasuma
Spain

I am having the same problem at the moment. At first I thought it was my wifi connection,  which dooesn�t work very well lately, but there seems to be another problem.

19 Jan 2020     

spied-d-aignel
France

Maybe you could send a message to Victor........!
Sylvie

20 Jan 2020     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Thank you friends, for your comments. I have tried uploading just the first 20 slides, weighing much less than 3MB, but had no luck. I did manage to upload a previous ppt of mine, so there must be something bad about this particular powerpoint.. It is a template I nicked from elsewhere, so maybe it�s justice of sorts.
Lynne 

20 Jan 2020     

karagozian
France

Hahaha !

20 Jan 2020     

Travelling High and Low
Japan

You could try comparing the files settings to another file which you�ve successfully uploaded.

Right click on the file and choose properties.

Then compare the settings between the 2 files:

Under the General heading,  compare the �read only / hidden� boxes.

Under the Security heading, to change permissions click �edit�.

Under the details heading, you can update the author details (or remove them completely). 

It may help, but I�m not 100% certain.

Good luck either way :o) 

23 Jan 2020     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Thank you! I�ll get my son to have a look at this and see if he can do it. 
Lynne  

25 Jan 2020