Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need help!!    

I need help!!

Maria Jose Garcia
Spain

I need help!!

HEllo!

I have two native English speakers in my English class and they get bored because the level of the group is very low (2 year of compulsory secondary education). I don�t know what to do with them. Has anyone the same problem? Please, give me some advice. I�m desperate!

Thank you for all your contributions and comments!! I love this site!

5 Oct 2008      

Koenigin der Nacht
Cyprus

I�ve had the same problem in the past.  Well, you could give them some more advanced stuff to do, such as, interesting texts with exercises, etc.  It doesn�t really matter if they don�t follow with the rest of the class, as long as they get something from your lessons.  Be flexible.  :-)

5 Oct 2008     

Apryll12
Hungary

Hi Maria!

I haven�t had similar problems so far, but I have an idea for you... hope it�ll help. I think it would be a good idea to involve them in the teaching process. As they are native speakers you could give them topics to prepare for and to give presentations for the rest of the class. They won�t be bored as they have something important to do for the whole class and the others could benefit from their presentations as well.  It might help... Thumbs Up

Greetings from
Krisztina from Hungary

5 Oct 2008     

Maria Jose Garcia
Spain

Thank you very much!!Heart

5 Oct 2008     

manonski (f)
Canada

Why don�t you give them a personal project: they could do a research and present it to the class.

6 Oct 2008     

wolfy
Chile

Maria,

I�ve had this problem. �You�ll probably find those students although way ahead in English will be lacking in other subjects, you could help them by giving them work in other subjects (in English of course) �Ask the other teachers how they�re doing in maths, geography, history (they probably don�t know much about the local history).

Hope that helps.

9 Oct 2008