Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Caption Competition    

Caption Competition

spinney
United Kingdom

"OK, Bags, tickets, suncream, passports. I think that is everything. Wait there are only 132 tadpoles!!!"

12 Mar 2020     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

ldthemagicman United Kingdom Dear Members: At last, we come to the moment of decision. I am astonished at the diversity of your entries. The picture of the 2 frog tourists has raised many topics --- tourism; France and the French; luggage; alcohol and drunkenness; travelling with a family of 132 tadpoles; London/Cockney slang; the coronavirus; pessimism and optimism; a reference to a fairy tale; wheelie roller-cases; etc. But, I have finally decided that the WINNER of the CAPTION COMPETITION is, ALLAKOALLA "I think we�d better hit the frog if we want to make it on time." FROG Slang: FROG = ROAD. The term comes from rhyming slang, in which FROG is short for FROG and TOAD = ROAD. "I think we�d better hit the ROAD [begin our journey] if we want to make it on time." This is primarily heard in the UK and Australia. Apsveicu! Paldies. Jus esat SUPER! Congratulations, ALLAKOALLA, and we now await your CAPTION COMPETITION PICTURE. In this post, I use the term �London/Cockney slang�. Because the Cockney dialect is so well-known throughout England, it is usually referred to as �Cockney rhyming slang�. Les Douglas

13 Mar 2020     

< Previous   1    2