Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How to make a worksheet fillable?    

How to make a worksheet fillable?

Jayho
Australia

How to make a worksheet fillable?

Hi everyone

Due to COVID19, I am currently emailing my adult students my worksheets in PDF format.

I am wondering if there is an easy way to make them fillable online so that they do not need to be printed (most of my students do not have a printer, and now that the libraries are closed they do not even have access to a printer) .

I would like to keep my worksheets in Word or PDF format.

Do you have any suggestions?

Cheers

Jayho

30 Mar 2020      

maryse pey�
France

Hi Jayho,

Have you tried through Live Worksheets ? You can create your worksheets and your students can fill them without printing.

I have to admit that I have not yet shared this way to work but I think that lot of teachers have sucessfully created groups of students and managed to work correctly.

Take great care of you.

Hugs.

Maryse. 

30 Mar 2020     

valodra
France

Hello,
Well, I had the same problem with my students...The only way I found is the Following one :
1/ Open your Word doc with Open Office ( which is free to download ) ( this is very quick ;-)))
2/ Once your document is Open Office ( the usual way : save as..) , then you will be able to create a fillable PDF.
As I am not  an expert - !!! far from it -esp in English ;-))) I think it will be easier for you to find a tutorial : create a fillable PDF  from Open Office.
I searched the Web, and it seems you cannot do it directly from Word...
Hope I am clear enough :-D
 I tried it this week , and it�s perfect ! With the quarantine, I am getting better at these things ;-) 
Cheers
Val 
edit : Open Office or Libre Office will do the job ;-) 

30 Mar 2020     

Engteachar
Argentina

Yes, www.liveworksheets.com seems to be the best option for that.

30 Mar 2020     

savilla
Australia

I always thought you needed the commercial versions of Adobe Acrobat (Standard or Professional) to create fillable forms. It was one of the "pro" features that distinguished those versions from Acrobat Reader.

Val�s tip sounds good, though I�ve never created a fillable PDF!
OpenOffice has been discontinued but here�s a tutorial I found that is for LibreOffice, which is a software suite that carried on from OpenOffice, and is also free and open-source:

30 Mar 2020     

FrauSue
France

You can use "developer" in Microsoft Word. It takes some practice but gets quite easy once you�re used to it.
There is a tutorial here: https://www.groovypost.com/howto/create-fillable-forms-in-microsoft-word/  Scroll down to the heading "Create Fillable Forms in Word with Developer Tools"

31 Mar 2020     

Jayho
Australia

Hi everyone

Thanks for your info
  • Open Office / Libre Office seems like a good option to explore

• Liveworksheets also looks like a good option so I will also check that out

• I can also investigate Adobe Acrobat as we have a  work licence for that

• I have used Developer in Word before and it is certainly a good option to revisit

Thanks for your help. I know what I will be doing this weekend!

Stay safe and sane, and keep washing those hands!

Cheers

Jayho

1 Apr 2020