Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD    

WOD

cunliffe
United Kingdom

WOD

I don�t think we have had a WOD for a while..... Here is a nice little word, but what does it mean? Let�s have your suggestions, be they silly or serious, as long as you do not give the correct definition. And the word is: 

BIBBLE 

7 Apr 2020      

spinney
United Kingdom

A bibble is a Bible for dislectric people. 

7 Apr 2020     

maryse pey�
France

It�s "BIDDLE the Bard" (from Harry Potter saga) said by a person with a hair on the tongue making them unable to say D correctly ;) or maybe are they a bit drunk ?

7 Apr 2020     

agagug
Canada

A stuttering evangelist.

7 Apr 2020     

redcamarocruiser
United States

There once was a word named bibble.
Not bubble or bible, but bibble.
When feeding a baby pablum
Sometimes you�ll have to dab some
Because he�ll dribble
On his bibble*,
*baby bib�

https://www.flickr.com/photos/silvers/41116940�I could not upload an image, so here is the url.
Edit: @ Douglas: Love it!

7 Apr 2020     

douglas
United States

a baby bible  designed to be read while wearing a bib

8 Apr 2020     

karagozian
France

Having the bibbles.
Simply this new feeling, when you have been confined for 3 weeks in a tiny weeny little flatty (small flat) doing nothing else than watching TV, sending stupid texts, wearing an uncomfortable mask and fighting daily with your unbearable compagnon, and you simply realise that this is only the beginning of the start of something that´s going to last forever.
A masked bibbly esl member that I am not going to -un or demask.
A masked hug.

9 Apr 2020     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Thank you for your entries, glad to get this competition going! I liked them all: Spinney�s made me laugh out loud; I�m a sucker for a limerick and Mary�s was very clever; loved the idea of Biddle The Bard; a baby bible = that is a good definition! I like a stuttering evangelist and I would add one word, a bibble berbasher. But there can only be one winner and it is that foxy lady karagozian. I myself have got a strong case of the bibbles (that feeling of being contained...) and I think we will all have double bibbles if this goes on much longer! Over to you, Monique!
Bibble is a verb and it means to eat noisily. It�s a Scottish word, so maybe they all bibble in Scotland.  

11 Apr 2020     

karagozian
France

Thank you my dearest Lynne to tell me I won this "bibble" battle. I think I�ll need to take a deep breath to try and find something inspirational in this uninspirational covide (vide in French = empty) world. A warm hug to all of you.

11 Apr 2020