Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > help with online teaching    

help with online teaching

cunliffe
United Kingdom

help with online teaching

Hi guys,
I�ve applied to do some online TEFL. I am expecting to be given an interview by Skype, of course). But - it�s not something I have done before. Normally, I like to teach by getting kids to do things, for example, for the past simple tense, I get them to carry out a series of actions and then we list them, in the right order, kids out at the front etc.... No can do online. I will get asked something like that, so, how do you teach, let�s say, the past simple tense online? Any ideas?
Lynne  

9 Apr 2020      

douglas
United States

"How did you log on?"  "I pushed a button. then I opened the app...an d then I..."

Just brainstorming.. haven�t experienced it yet

9 Apr 2020     

EstherLee76
Peru

There are lots of videos to support online teaching.  They talk about using props, backgrounds, TPR etc.  I recommend watching a few of those.  There are VIP Kids, ALO7, Magic Ears, etc.

9 Apr 2020     

medderraz
Morocco

Hi there, 
   I guess this might help (Good Luck !) :

9 Apr 2020     

redcamarocruiser
United States

I like the ideas in this link. https://games4esl.com/lesson-plans/past-tense/ If you can share your screen so that your students can watch what you are seeing, it could work. You could prepare your own powerpoint or worksheet to use as a script for the lesson.

9 Apr 2020     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Thank you! I will be well ready for my interview and to start online TEFLing! 
Lynne 

10 Apr 2020     

savilla
Australia

Good luck!

13 Apr 2020     

Jayho
Australia

Good luck!

15 Apr 2020