Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Check before you report     

Check before you report

PhilipR
Thailand

Check before you report

Hi all, It has been a while since I posted here. Just a quickie to ask everyone to check carefully when they report or vote to remove worksheets. I have had a few worksheets reported and removed because they were reported stolen from ISLcollective. Guess what? I posted them there myself, and yes, this is mentioned in my profile. So before you report or downvote next time, check carefully. Thanks!

15 May 2020      

spinney
United Kingdom

That happened to me, once. I always post my worksheets here first, just in case. It is very annoying, though, even if the intention is good. 

15 May 2020     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Well, if I publish somewhere else, I also write it under the worksheet itself. I think having it on the profile is fine, but not enough.

15 May 2020     

spied-d-aignel
France

Hello, I am sorry to read that, the worksheets I report are always worksheets from new users with  zero points who  send  copies  often taken from Isl collective, and very often they are copies of your work, but I repeat they are new users.
Sylvie

15 May 2020     

karagozian
France

Hello, I am as sorry as Sylvie to read that your work gets reported. LIke Sylvie I always, and almost only, report worksheets from  zero point members and which are PLAIN COPIES.  That�s it !!  I am not a full time reporter or moderator and I think you may feel happy to have some of them doing the job. I DO NOT have the time and anyway wouldn�t spend my time in tracking all those cheaters.

Secondly, as far as I am concerned, I only post my work on ESL and nowhere else. I am not telling you this is THE thing to do but I can tell you that I have NEVER EVER been copied. So, if you put your eggs in multiple baskets, you�ll have to check them more often yourself.

Cheers.
Monique

15 May 2020     

maryse pey�
France

Hi Philip,

I have never reported your worksheets. But what I noticed is that too many members are uploading NON ENGLISH worksheets which would probably be welcome on LiveWorksheets !

And I agree with the fact Lynne is pointing out. I know it might not be fair but if you specify in your description of your work that you have already uploaded it elsewhere it is a plus. Logically !

Hope this link will be useful to other members who can suffer from this unfairness.

Hugs. Take care of you all.

Maryse. 

15 May 2020     

valodra
France

Hello,
I quite agree with MJ Misa : it�s a good idea to say "under" your ws if you upload somewhere else , maybe ...? I am not a great uploader - - but I remember once I had to tell a member here and at ISL Collective that I almost reported him ! The name was different ( not your case ;-) - and no one could really tell ....I understand it can be upsetting.
But I confess I never look at the personal profiles :-S. I think we will all have to do it , from now on ....? Still, it makes things simpler when uploaders use the "same" name - when possible....
Val

15 May 2020     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Well, well, well, I would say that your wss are the most copied ever. I recognise them immediately of course and I wonder who the hell thinks they are going to get away with that! Obviously one of those moderators was trigger-happy there and I do wish they would check; it doesn�t take much to realise that you are you, your profiles on here and the other site are pretty similar! But it definitely wasn�t me. If I was you, I would have a laugh and re-upload it. While I am here, may I pay tribute to your excellence. Your wss are an absolute godsend, wonderful, superb...etc. 
Lynne  

15 May 2020     

valodra
France

Now � You are overdoing it a little bit , Lynne�. Sorry - PhilipR : Nothing personal ! 

15 May 2020     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

15 May 2020     

spied-d-aignel
France

Yes Lynne and talking about that I have just reported two copies of Philip R�s work  sent by two new comers!!!
Sylvie

16 May 2020     

1    2    Next >