Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Speaking activities    

Speaking activities

rossman2
Peru

Speaking activities

Hello Everyone I would like to know how can I practice with my students speaking activities since we can not ask them to make pairs and practice interaction that is so important.Do you have any ideas? I really would like your suggestions.
Hugs 

21 May 2020      

jadiafa
Peru

Hello,
I give them a theme and some instructions. They have to talk about that them for 1 or 2 minutes and record their answer as mp3  file.  You can use google classroom if you want to have a video with them.
Cheers

22 May 2020     

savilla
Australia

http://iteslj.org/questions/ is a good place to get some ideas for topics and questions.
Some of the lists are better than others so have a look through them before you give them to your students and amend accordingly!

22 May 2020     

rossman2
Peru

Thanks everyone very useful ideas

22 May 2020     

spinney
United Kingdom

I give them lists of word pairs that could be opposites or synonyms or even commonly misunderstood words such as false cognates. They then have to describe both words. 

For example

man     woman

to write     to draw   

to sing     to dance   

hot    cold

sport     hobby     

I have an endless set of these now. PM me if you want some. 
Dale 

25 May 2020