Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > School year in the USA ?    

School year in the USA ?

Pierreroset
France

School year in the USA ?

Hello everyone,

One of my year 10 students would like to study in the USA when she starts high school. There are a lot of international exchange companies, such as STS Education or Education First, but I don�t know them and can�t give her decent advice. I would love to hear about your experience. Have you ever helped organise a student exchange?

Thank you for your precious help. 

Audrey

4 Jun 2020      

karagozian
France

I hav� organized a certain number of exchanges in the past. There were still no mobile phones. Mainly Ireland. England, The States but and South Africa. First exchange after Mandela being elected. That was in 96. The most fabulous school experience of my teacher�s life. I don�t think I can help you as many things have changed. Just, I do not think you can organize whatsoever in the present context.

4 Jun 2020     

Pierreroset
France

Thank you for your reply. The exchange would take place from September 2021, so hopefully things should have got better by then. An exchange with South Africa after Mandela � s election must have been unforgettable indeed... Take care.

5 Jun 2020