Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WOD CONTEST WINNER (14/06/2020)    

WOD CONTEST WINNER (14/06/2020)

Aisha77
Spain

WOD CONTEST WINNER (14/06/2020)

Hi to all again!
Hope you are doin� well... I am much happier, I never could imagine I had my laptop like a crackpot by the fact that I had so many downloads in the "download" folder (redundant to say) without reorganizing my thingies... It seems that the download folder needs once in a while to be emptied... 
Well, let�s say the winner of the contest, as per usual. All the entries had been mind-blowing, it was fun to read them, but I must say Monique once again hit the nail ( I must have a "Monique" sense of humour).
Monique, don�t know how you do it, seriously, but you always make me laugh like never before... I loved so much your popping up once and again here, showing us your list of synonyms is really updated, and btw, I loved, even more, the last pop up of yours using the word HARAM... And I did not realize first there were some strange letters written down the last post, and yee-haw! I was having a big cup of coffee with a huge smile on my face, and it came to my mind What are those signs there? I copied them, pasted them in google translator and Hurray! it was Armenian...
Monique u are UNIQUE!!
So, for me, I will say something is "snickersnee" when it�s forbidden, hehehe!
The actual meaning of snickersnee is:

Noun[edit]

snickersnee (plural snickersnees)

1. A large sword-like knife, especially one used as a weapon. quotations ▼
  2. (archaic) A knife fight.

So, Monique, up to you now... ;)  Hugs 

14 Jun 2020      

karagozian
France

Oh ! I feel a bit strange. Did�n�t remember what I exactly wrote. A sort of delirium. I even thought �d better delete it before someone felt offended. My husband always reminds me that "nobody understands my humour". Well, so I am happy you (at least YOU) didn�t take it badly. I am now too tired to get back to work to find another silly snickersnee word. Didn�t even finish my wss. So, I,m afraid I will miss my Monday morning RDV unless I can�t get to sleep. We are now getting ready to see what OUR government is going to tell us tonight on how to deal with that COVID thing. I am snickersnee tired. I hope everyone is OK on this site. I wish you all the best and STAY SAFE. A special thank you to Aisha. You send me a pm blablablating about my humour. Did�t understand what you were talking about. Had completely forgotten about that snickersnee word. A big hug to all of you from Toulouse. Airbus is dead. Rugby is dead. Teachers are working like mad.

14 Jun 2020