Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > CAPTION COMPETITION 27/07/20    

CAPTION COMPETITION 27/07/20

Gurnoor
Switzerland

CAPTION COMPETITION 27/07/20

ESTEEMED MOST SENIOR ADVISER MRS. SPINNY and seemingly regular adviser Mr. Spinny, Thank you very much for choosing my caption. I am indeed honored.(and super stoked!)

I have tried no fewer than 4 times to begin a new thread of the topic with a nice picture, but keep getting blocked. I shall keep up the effort  but if you do not see anything from me by Tuesday, then I would beg of the esteemed most senior adviser to pick a runner up and maybe they will have better success in being able to post a picture and keep the thread going. Thank you!

With the warmest of regards,
Gurnoor 

26 Jul 2020      

spinney
United Kingdom

Keep with it, Gurnoor. I kept trying to post the result on the competition and kept getting blocked. Eventually it let me. The same thing happened with the photo last week. After about 7 attempts, it let me. I wish my PC had a firewall as thorough as this site. ;-) 

26 Jul 2020     

FrauSue
France

I was blocked when I tried to post a photo copied straight from the web, but it let me through when I saved the picture to my computer under a different file name and then uploaded it. Maybe that will help?
I agree with Spinney - I am happy that Victor has such a thorough firewall here! 

26 Jul 2020     

Gurnoor
Switzerland

Thank you FrauSue for your advice and once again Spinney for choosing my caption and giving me time to upload a picture. I promise you, I have tried more than 20 images, each with and without a text, saved into other files and directly from the web, with and without captions, under different headings, in front of the TV and in the dining room and all kinds of image sizes and proclaimed  that i am not a robot with several ticks and verbal communication, (ha ha), in the afternoon, evening, midnight and finally now in the morning.  But without success! 
 So, I would like to repeat my request to trouble the most senior adviser one more time. 
As for the firewall, I would not have it any other way. The site is precious and has to be protected. (happy face)

27 Jul 2020     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi all, Victor did explain recently that he had increased security because of threats to the site.  I tried posting a picture (of cats in a cave;-)))) but was blocked. I am hoping this is a temporary measure.... 
I think spinney is warming to his �senior adviser� role;-))) 
Lynne x 

27 Jul 2020     

spinney
United Kingdom

Right, I think if you make sure that the image is uploaded directly from your own PC and has only one name, that should do the trick. :-) In my capacity as a senior advisor, after Mrs Spinney of course, I have uploaded one as an example. (I have noticed that it will block me if I use emojies, though.) Image taken from my forthcoming book. 

27 Jul 2020     

spinney
United Kingdom

Well done, Gurnoor! She did it folks! :-) 

27 Jul 2020