Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Issues with video.    

Issues with video.

mari18cf
Brazil

Issues with video.

Hey guys, I�ve just transcribed a youtube video and I couldn�t understand some sentences and as you�re awesome, I�m here to ask for some help. To make your job easier, I�ve added a time marker and CAPITALIZED THE SENTENCES I NEED. Link for the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nbJoaTC_10 I�m gonna go skydiving or let�s do this open mic night. (00:00:15) YOU SAID EVERYTHING UNDER EMOTION, you can�t really back out and you just think to yourself (00:00:20) I�m really DREADING this decision. That�s me, WHAT about now? 00:01:59 EXEMPT FROM catastrophic loss. They�ve been used in our society for hundreds of years to signal mourning. (00:04:50) AS I HAD A RETINUE of other mourning clothes yet it identified him to his core, (00:05:36) HIS SECRET NAME. Shoulder-to-shoulder. (00:06:26) SPRINKLED ABOUT you see people with these black armbands (00:10:58) But the truth is, THIS EXCHANGE IS CHEAP AND LOUSY OF CONSOLATION PRIZE. And I�d toss it away for one more moment with my sister. the really sad part about it is that in keeping up this delusion, (00:12:41) YOU KNOW BY US WANTING TO MANTAIN these blinders, By the way, I was blocked while I was trying to post this. My login: mari_18cf How can I be unblocked? Thanks in advance.

5 Aug 2020      

mari18cf
Brazil

Hey guys, I have just transcribed a youtube video and I could not understand some sentences and as you are awesome, I�m here to ask for some help. To make your job easier, I have added a time marker and CAPITALIZED THE SENTENCES I NEED. Link for the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nbJoaTC_10 I am gonna go skydiving or let s do this open mic night. (00:00:15) YOU SAID EVERYTHING UNDER EMOTION, you can not really back out and you just think to yourself (00:00:20) I am really DREADING this decision. That is me, WHAT about now? 00:01:59 EXEMPT FROM catastrophic loss. They have been used in our society for hundreds of years to signal mourning. (00:04:50) AS I HAD A RETINUE of other mourning clothes yet it identified him to his core, (00:05:36) HIS SECRET NAME. Shoulder-to-shoulder. (00:06:26) SPRINKLED ABOUT you see people with these black armbands (00:10:58) But the truth is, THIS EXCHANGE IS CHEAP AND LOUSY OF CONSOLATION PRIZE. And I would toss it away for one more moment with my sister. the really sad part about it is that in keeping up this delusion, (00:12:41) YOU KNOW BY US WANTING TO MANTAIN these blinders, By the way, I was blocked while I was trying to post this. My login: mari_18cf How can I be unblocked? Thanks in advance.

5 Aug 2020     

mari18cf
Brazil

I love this website, please unblock me! Login: mari_18cf

5 Aug 2020     

mari18cf
Brazil

Full script https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E2wFl7kAikFmHUhJhwzE4HKweC7WXjmAQD5QygVb-Ik/edit

5 Aug 2020     

spinney
United Kingdom

Hi there!
If you say something "under emotion" it means that you were in an emotional state at the time of talking. "Retinue" in this context mean "collection." To "dread" something is to not really like the idea of it. It�s a little like saying you dislike and fear something. "Exempt" means to be free from a rule or duty. "Sprinkled about" just means dispearsed or scattered around. "secret name" a name that nobody else knew. I�m not sure what is meant at 00:10:58. At 00:12:41 "you know by us wanting to maintain these blinders" is just another way of saying "for example." Do be aware that the subtitles on Youtube are far from perfect, though. 

BTW, you weren�t blocked. The firewall is quite strict. If you use emojis, for example, it might block the message. 

5 Aug 2020     

Gurnoor
Switzerland

Hello!
10:58 sounds to me like "show up". 

I looked this up in various dictionaries and one meaning of show up is -  to provide help and support for someone. This is in merriam-webster.com This fits with the rest of the sentence. Hope this helps. 

No emogies permitted  so i am sending you a smiley like this. happy face.

5 Aug 2020     

mari18cf
Brazil

I love this website, please unblock me! Login: mari_18cf

5 Aug 2020     

mari18cf
Brazil

I think I was not clear. I transcribed it and these parts I marked I was not sure if I heard that. I wrote down what I thought I heard. I do not have problems with the vocabulary. I put the time markers so you could play and double check what is said. Thanks in advance.

5 Aug 2020     

mari18cf
Brazil

I think I was not clear. I transcribed it and these parts I marked I was not sure if I heard that. I wrote down what I thought I heard. I do not have problems with the vocabulary. I put the time markers so you could play and double check what is said. Thanks in advance.

5 Aug 2020     

spinney
United Kingdom

Hi I did it again but it blocks my answer. The same when I tried to PM you. 

Can you try and PM me? 

6 Aug 2020     

spinney
United Kingdom

6 Aug 2020     

1    2    Next >