Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WORD DAFFYNITIONS 31st AUGUST    

WORD DAFFYNITIONS 31st AUGUST

Gurnoor
Switzerland

WORD DAFFYNITIONS 31st AUGUST

THANK YOU Frausue for choosing my daffynition of the word HICCATI. I am super stoked. :)

The new word for this week�s dissection and interpretation is DILLSUENATE! Good luck! 

30 Aug 2020      

douglas
United States

Dill--as in the favorite herb for seasoning pickles
suenos--Spanish for dreams
-ate- a suffix meaning having the appearance of

dillsuenate--to dream about pickles

31 Aug 2020     

maryse pey�
France

A DEAL with SUE is ALIENATing... Be really aware when dealing with her !

31 Aug 2020     

savilla
Australia

This was a word that was made up, relating to a Hollywood movie. Dill, Sue and Nate all lived together in an apartment in Los Angeles (where 99% of all Hollywood movies are set), and they were all such good friends, that everyone at their school just called them Dillsuenate.

31 Aug 2020     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I didn�t know this one, but I�ve done my research and I am on it now! Dillsuenate (pronounced dil sooay nartay) is a noun, adjective and abbreviation. It is a Dirtinese (dirty knees) language version of that famous ditty: super calor fragilistic expy alidocious and so it has to be sung. So, get singing!:
dil shad sooay toody nartus, coffee cups and sofas,
Keep a smile upon your face and always wear your loafers,
If you say it loud enough, you�ll always sound atrocious;-)
Dil shad sooay toody nartus, coffee cups and sofas.  
Buonissimi tutti, belli cantatus!
So, what does our word, derived from Dirtinese, mean?
Born to be always happy. But it�s a bit of a mouthful, so we say dillsuenate. And you can pronounce it how you like. ;-)  
Don�t forget your loafers
 Versace Leather Drivers - Yellow - Loafers | Dress shoes men, Loafers,  Loafers men

31 Aug 2020     

Gurnoor
Switzerland

DAFFYNATION COMPETITION 31ST AUGUST

THANK YOU CLEVER PEOPLE FOR ALL YOUR DAFFYNATIONS. AS EXPECTED, THEY ARE ALL BRILLIANT, ABSOLUTELY PLAUSIBLE, FUNNY, AND COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM "ONE ANOTHER."  :)
THE ONE I LOVED THE MOST, WAS THE ONE I ACTUALLY SANG AND AS PROMISED IN THE SONG, SOUNDED ATROCIOUS. LYNNE, YO ARE THE WINNER. CONGRATULATIONS.

3 Sep 2020