Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Which book - Ready for CAE or Gold    

Which book - Ready for CAE or Gold

dawnmain
United Kingdom

Which book - Ready for CAE or Gold

Hi
I havent taught CAE for years but now have a class of 16-18 year olds.   I am looking at Ready or CAE or Gold.
Which would you recommend?  Or do you have any other preferred coursebooks? 
any feedback would be gratefully received. 
Thanks
Dawn 

24 Sep 2020      

Pink Pony
Italy

Hi, Dawn I�ve used both and while Ready for CAE is thorough, I think that teens might find it a bit too dry. I definitely prefer Gold. The Coursebook is much more lively and interesting, and the Teacher�s Book offers photocopiable activities for each unit. Not to mention the Maximiser, which has lots of exam-style practice and whole Use of English review sections. I hope this is helpful. Best wishes, Mary

24 Sep 2020     

niksailor
Russian Federation

Hi,

In my experience, Straight to Advanced has everything CAE candidates might need, from expressive and inviting vocabulary to exam-format tasks which somehow recreate the exam real conditions. However, I�d point out its undeniable strength - it has digital environment, i.e. CAE students are given a chance to do homework online for automatic check-up (except for writing and speaking, of course). That�s, I guess, very useful now that so many of us have to teach online ... 
I don�t remember for sure but Ready for CAE also has some digital features, probably including a workbook in its digital format, so you�ve got to check in advance.
All in all, I�m in favour of "new ganaration" coursebooks whose content is widely presented and reproduced on the Internet for students to be able to work remotely.
P.S. forgot to say that the Straight to Advanced Premium Pack has some educational videos on how to do the speaking part of the exam. You�d surely love watching them) 
Take care,
Nikita 

25 Sep 2020