Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Peers active observation while presentations.     

Peers active observation while presentations.

ASA3000
Egypt

Peers active observation while presentations.

Hello everybody,

As a part of assessment, my students (middle school) have to give a 5 minute presentation. What should the other students do to stay active and  to hem then make use of listening to the presentation? How can I assess their engagement? What tasks can they do while listening to their peer?

Thank you in advance.  

20 Jan 2021      

s.lefevre
Brazil

You could ask them to 1.... write down something they found interesting. 2. ... resume the presentation in some sentences 3...correct mistakes 4... ask three questions about the presentation.

21 Jan 2021     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Good ideas from Silvia. In my school, they would be asked to peer assess. If you have a marking system, they could use that. Or you could give them things to look out for: good use of adjectives/fluency/powerful verbs/rhetorical devices. But I see you are in a middle school. Maybe they could give marks out of 10 and be prepared to justify their mark. 

21 Jan 2021     

tancredo
Portugal

I always ask 2 or 3 students in the room to make a comment on their schoolmates� presentation. I�ve made a worksheet to teach them how to do it. (the worksheet is here),   I appoint them after the presentation and they know their comment wiil be assessed and make part of their oral evaluation.

Tey should focus on the
1: - Organization
2 - Relevance of the topic (Was it appealing to the audience?)
3 - Variety of  Vocabulary - 
4 - Grammar - correct verb tenses, the use oif connectors...
5 - Fluency and pronunciation 

It has worked with me. 

21 Jan 2021     

aline.correa
Brazil

Hi !! I love using Graphic Organizers, but if you don�t want to spend money making copies, just ask them to write the following topics about the student�s presentation:

A- MAIN SUBJECT:
B- DETAIL 1:
C- DETAIL 2:
D- DETAIL 3 :
E- CONCLUSION :

You may give 2 points for each correct answer. They will keep their attention to the whole presentation.  

21 Jan 2021     

paradise lost
Tunisia

you can devide the class into groups grp1 the juries giving feedbacks grp2 writing down a story from pictures grp3 doing cross words game grp4 making posters with all the grammatical rules that you previously taught them

21 Jan 2021     

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

Before the presentation starts they may write down words they suppose to hear (if they know the topic, of course). Then they listen and tick all the words they guesssed. 

22 Jan 2021     

ASA3000
Egypt

Thank you all for your suggestion and ideas. Of course, I will try them with my students. 

22 Jan 2021