Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Caption Contest    

Caption Contest

spinney
United Kingdom

Here is the audio version of Blandings Castle short stories.

And here for the audio of Mulliner Nights

At 0:41.24 you have a cat story, The Story Of Webster, and at 1:26:43, you have Cats Will be Cats. It contains the wonderful quote "Cats, as a class, have never completely got over the snootiness caused by the fact that in Ancient Egypt they were worshipped as gods."

And, back to the competition:
Newspaper headline
Scientists Claim Animals Suffer Alcohol Abuse During Pandemic  

1 Feb 2021     

David Lisgo
Japan

I will have a beer tomorrow or Friday and then choose a winner. Not a lot of captions but a lot of fun so far.

3 Feb 2021     

David Lisgo
Japan

Thanks to all who participated.
I was thinking to choose Monique as the winner because we beer drinkers all know the feeling so well and the meercats seem to be struggling to hold it in. I remember flying into London from Japan many years ago, then taking an early train into the city only to find all the public lavatories locked due to a terrorist alert and the pubs not yet open. Desperate times. In the end I have chosen Dale (Spinney) for both his efforts, especially for this one "Scientists Claim Animals Suffer Alcohol Abuse During Pandemic".

David

4 Feb 2021     

< Previous   1    2