Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How to reduce picture size    

How to reduce picture size

rach81
Philippines

How to reduce picture size

Hello,

I �ve just finished making an activity in powerpoint, and I want to upload it too. The problem is the file size is too large for it to be uploaded.
Could anyone please tell me what to do to reduce its size. So I could upload it too. Please....
I �ve already deleted the cliparts and pictures that I used and tried compressing the remaining pictures. I only made used of 12 slides but still the file is too big.
I need some advice.

Thanks!

15 Mar 2009      

Arehdel
Portugal

Hi, rach81!

I �m also trying to upload a powerpoint presentation and I can �t... I know that the max size must be 500kb. What I did was to divide it into 3 parts, but even though I can �t upload it... I think it �s a technical problem with ESL... Confused Try to save it into parts. Mine has only 10 slides and is also big... it must be the pictures... But I think it �s a technical problem, though...

Good luck for you... and for me... too!

15 Mar 2009     

duraniecr1
Costa Rica

Hi friend
I use infraview  , go to
http://www.irfanview.com/  download the free program, you can make pictures any size you need. it works marvelous for me.Tongue
have a great day.Star
duraniecr1

15 Mar 2009     

xani
Portugal

Hi rach81,

I don �t know if that is your case, but I used to make my powerpoint presentations using microsoft office powerpoint 2007, until I realized that was the reason why they became huge. The fact  is that when you use powerpoint 2007, the files double their size when you save them in a previous version. So I installed microsoft office powerpoint 2003 in my computer and I �ve been using it without having many problems. If some of the pictures I use are too big, I sometimes compress them using the format option in the powerpoint program or save them as gif pictures.

I hope it helps

15 Mar 2009     

rach81
Philippines

Thanks a lot for all your responses. Hope to upload my presentations soon.

Have a wonderful day!

15 Mar 2009