Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help plz!    

Help plz!

caren_630
Egypt

Help plz!

Dear Colleagues,
I need help answering the following questions about The Storm by Chris Priestley:
1. What happens to the boy as soon as he unlatches the door?
2. What is the first thing the boy is aware of when he opens the door?
3. Describe two ways in which the stranger entry is made particularly dramatic?
4. What does the stranger�s hand feel like to touch? How does the writer make this seem particularly unpleasant?

Are these question taken from a book you are familiar with? Which book?

The Storm
 by Chris Priestley

Extract 3 

The boy opens the door to let the stranger in. 

When I lifted the latch, it was all I could do to prevent myself being pinned to the wall by the violence of the opening door, and the roar of the storm and the sea crashing at the cliffs was such an assault on my senses that it took me a while to fully register the figure standing in the doorway, a flash of lightening throwing him into inky silhouette and almost seeming to shine through him in its intensity... 

"Jonah Thackeray doesn´t forget a good turn. Pleased to meet you."
"Ethan Matthews," I said, taking the hand he offered, and finding it as cold and wet as a fishmongers. He was comprehensively soaked, water dripping from him as readily as though he had just climbed from the sea. 

"Come in," I said. "You�ll catch your death out there."
"I thank you kindly," he said, stepping over the threshold, and I put my shoulder to the door and, after a struggle on the stone flags, managed to get it closed and bolted against the storm..

4 Mar 2021      

yanogator
United States

Hi, caren,
Please give us your answers, and we will gladly help you with any corrections that are needed.

Bruce 

5 Mar 2021     

caren_630
Egypt

5 Mar 2021