Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Songs, raps and other authentic materials for beginners    

Songs, raps and other authentic materials for beginners

blunderbuster
Germany

Songs, raps and other authentic materials for beginners

Dear all, 

Quite some time ago I shared materials here on this platform that I specifically made to share, I did notuse them myself because I was not teaching the target group. I enjoyed making them, tough, and I was glad to see they were of help to others. 

Today I am here to ask for your advice and help: What are authentic materials that you use in your elementary classroom with beginners in grade 3 or 4? 

I have seen some suggestions but I kind of do not like them, one example would be the bear hunt. First of all, I do not really want to sing about hunting an animal for no reason. Secondly, all those sounds in the song without no real meaning...in my opinion that is not useful for learning English. 

What are songs, raps, or other materials you have been using with children that you feel have really helped, were fun for both sides and were authentic. 

Please give any input you may have. 

Thank you so much and have a nice day!
Regina  

10 May 2021      

Фёдор
Russian Federation

Hello, dear friend!
I used some interesting songs, e.g., when we had the last  Mother�s Day, My 4th grade  (of course, with me), learnt the Beatle�s song "Let it Be".
Best  wishes,
Keep in touch,
Fedor.

10 May 2021     

FrauSue
France

For colours, I like the books "Brown bear, brown bear ...." by Eric Carle and "Blue hat, green hat" by Sandra Boynton - there is a great animated version of the book here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlBYUjYVr5w

Have you considered action songs? The Hokey Cokey is good, or "Can you plant your cabbages". These will get your learners moving! 

10 May 2021     

kwsp
United States

Hi Blunderbuster,
I really like your name! That�s a good one! ;o) Have you ever heard of the book "Fox in Socks" by Dr. Seuss? It�s made for children, but even my adult classes have enjoyed it. It�s like one long tongue twister which gets more and more difficult as the story progresses. It can get quite intimidating by the end for some of the adults! The youngsters tend to take it in stride, though. I remember reading the book when I was in elementary school and both of my daughters read it in their elementary school�s reading program years ago.�
� � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � ��
If you would like to have a copy in handout form, send me your email address in a pm and I will send it to you.
Sincerely,
kwsp�

11 May 2021     

Enpowewo
United States

I think you will find it interesting https://woodiesdiy.tv/ . Very useful for interactive lessons.

25 May 2021     

blunderbuster
Germany

Thank you, everyone, for your answers. BB

20 Oct 2021