Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > The International Day Of The Russian Day.    

The International Day Of The Russian Day.

Фёдор
Russian Federation

The International Day Of The Russian Day.

Hi, Everybody! Sorry, it can be off topic, but I have a question. How do you think: is it important that each of the languages has its own Day? And, of course, I have an another question. As we know, today is the Birthday of Alexander Pushkin. And as we know, Alexander Pushkin is the progenitor of The Modern Literary Russian Language. What do YOU know about Alexander Pushkin?

6 Jun 2021      

kohai
Latvia

We learnt about Alexander Pushkin at school. He is one of the greatest Russian poets, novelists and playwrights. He wrote lots of books. Many world-known musical pieces are based on them, like operas "Boris Godunov", "Eugene  Onegin", "Ruslan and Ludmila", "The Queen of Spades", etc. 

What I love about Alexander Pushkin is the way he shows the depth and beauty of the Russian language. Here is just one example: https://www.yout-ube.com/watch?v=dPXfjiGrv3k

6 Jun 2021     

karagozian
France

How beautiful ! My father in law spoke Russian. I would have loved to learn Russian. Thanks a lot.

6 Jun 2021     

spinney
United Kingdom

I wish I had the time to learn it. A perfect blend of East and West.
Incidentally, here is a video of myself, my good lady wife, and a work colleague, taking a Russian class at my school.
She was a damn fine teacher, that one! 

7 Jun 2021     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I started off on Russian, with Duolingo. I had already learnt the alphabet, more or less.... I gave up after five or 6 lessons, found it impossible. Because it is so unlike any language I know, i found it hard to memorise the words. I will have a look at the poetry, thanks for the link Ruta. And Dale - you look so sweet, so cute! I had you down as a proper tough nut. I love the  sound of Russian, if I can find a class locally - once we are out of this Covid mess, I am going to give it a proper go. 
I�m afraid I knew nothing about Alexander Pushkin. (red face)

7 Jun 2021     

yanogator
United States

Хей Спинней, Это Париж?

7 Jun 2021     

spinney
United Kingdom

Spaseeba very much, Lynne! 

9 Jun 2021     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Nice job, Dale.