Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How to use Bingo.    

How to use Bingo.

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Olindalima, can I join you in wishing for summer days, meeting family and friends, the horrible Covid away and my very best wishes to you and your husband. Sending you hugs,
Lynne  

22 Jun 2021     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi, dear cunliffe, thank you for your kind words. Hugs your way. Have an awesome Summer, with all the beloved ones. Let�s hope Covid won�t stay for ever. Thank you.

23 Jun 2021     

MarionG
Netherlands

dear olindalima, wishing you strength and health

As for Bingo,
I use it a lot in class for all kinds of subjects. I always have 3X3 grids in my bag, to fill the last 10 minutes of a class if need be. (I usually play only until most kids have a line of 3 completed- I draw a huge honor stage on the board with 1st 2nd and 3rd place, just to make it fun)

I will write a list of vocabulary on the board for the kids to choose from, usually related to the subject we were studying. (colors, modes of transportation, body parts, etc. While they fill out their grids, I write the same words on strips of paper. All the words go in a bag and students get turns to pull a word out.

A another way, which is more effective as a teaching tool, is to make it into a kind of riddle game:
for example:
* kids write the past tense of irregular verbs in their grids, and the slips have the present tense.
* Kids write the days of the days of the week and for example week, tomorrow, yesterday, on the slips it will have things like: If today is Wednesday, the day after tomorrow will be....
* kids write family members and on the slips it says things like : your mom�s sister is your....
This kind of game I prepare at home to save time in class but it does allow the practice of way more vocabulary. 

26 Jun 2021     

< Previous   1    2