Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Daffynition - w/c August 3rd    

Daffynition - w/c August 3rd

FrauSue
France

Daffynition - w/c August 3rd

Thank you, Gurnoor, for choosing my daffynition of saldugate.

Your new (topical) word is:
YURCHENKO 

Incorrect definitions only, please! Have fun! 

3 Aug 2021      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Yurchenko is an Olde Saxon word, which is still very much in use. It is a proper noun - the ability to match people with their ideal holiday destination. So when you are undecided - Paris, Rome, the Serengeti, hotel, campsite etc... you seek out a friend with plenty of yurchenko and they will sort you out with excellent advice. 

4 Aug 2021     

spinney
United Kingdom

Not that I am one to disagree with the likes of Lynne but, unfortunately in this case, I take issue with her definition. As anyone from The Fens and the flatlands of East Anglia will tell you, this is just another way of saying "you are welcome" in the old Fenland dialect. 

4 Aug 2021     

redcamarocruiser
United States

It is what a sneeze sounds like.

5 Aug 2021     

Gurnoor
Switzerland

Well! the full expression is, to pull a Yurchenko! This is very commonly used by the boys in blue when they refer to someone pulling a fast one over them: Yurchenko was a con artist. He was never caught and he never failed. To pull a Yurchenko over someone is to make a bit (or a goodly amount) of a fool of them in a simple yet spectacular fashion. Hope this helps. :)

7 Aug 2021     

maryse pey�
France

You�re chainng a non cooperative koala !

Afficher l’image sourceOn strike !

7 Aug 2021     

teresasimoes
Portugal

.standing on one´s head for fun

8 Aug 2021     

kwsp
United States

YURCHENKO (your chin go) - exercises to get rid of your double chin!

8 Aug 2021     

douglas
United States

Yurchenko (Your Chin Co.)

Some of you have it half right. Yurrchenko , a play on the words "Your Chin Corporation", is a multi-product international company whose business focuses are Fast Food, donut shops and bakeries, and plastic surgery. Their business strategy is to make money fattening you up until that double chin begins to disgust you and cause you to have a negative body image of yourself and then to really cash in by providing you with plastic surgery to correct those perceived imperfections. The beauty of it is that the process is a never ending cycle--and quite profitable.

"Yurchenko,  the home of Aphrodites with Donuts"

(I would so love to open a shop/group called Aphrodites with Donuts-- it has a nice ring to it)

27 Aug 2021