Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Books about Halloween.    

Books about Halloween.

Alina Viktorovna
Russian Federation

Books about Halloween.

Hello, everybody! Can anyone recommend me books or just stories about Halloween?

21 Oct 2021      

sazamama
France

Hello there. I love �Room on the Broom� by Julia Donaldson, it�s great fun, my students love it. https://www.amazon.com/Room-Broom-Julia-Donaldson/dp/0142501123

22 Oct 2021     

mistertroy2000
Japan

I use The Witch�s Kitchen. You turn flaps in each room two different ways. One is a good thing and the other shows a bad thing. I read and have students choose which way they think will be the good thing. If they think turning the flap right will be good, go to the right side of the room. If they think its the left side, go to the left. Then I flip and show the items. If they chose the good thing, they get a halloween sticker or a point for some game or some kind of reward later. 

22 Oct 2021     

savilla
Australia

A lot depends on the age of your students. I found some lists of books on Barnes and Noble and Good Reads, that included books by Edgar Allen Poe and Clive Barker as well as Dracula, Frankenstein and The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.

For children, I found (on another site) book suggestions including some by R.L. Stine, Skulls!, Creepy Carrots, Herbert�s First Halloween and The Widow�s Broom.

24 Oct 2021     

Alina Viktorovna
Russian Federation

Thank you very much, everybody!

24 Oct 2021