Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > the accent project    

the accent project

bianca17
Brazil

the accent project

I�ve had many students who wanted to learn English for traveling. After some time when they did travel, they texted me to inform me that they loved the way I teach and speak; however, there are too many different people with different accents out there, so it made the process of speaking a lot more challenging.

With this in mind, I decided to look for different activities on different accents and I�ve never really found any. 

So I had an idea!!

I separated many texts and I am looking for teachers who would like to record one of these texts in their native accent. This way we can put our students in touch with the various English accents spoken around the world. 

After I�ve gathered the recordings, I will update them to a cloud that I will share with any teacher who wants to use it for their lessons. 

Let me know what you think.  if you are up to the idea, email me:  [email protected] 

27 Jan 2022      

FrauSue
France

For different UK accents, the British Library has some great articles and audio resources:

27 Jan 2022     

kwsp
United States

Just for fun - this video of Amy Walker doing 21 different accents is cute. 

27 Jan 2022