Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Reported Speech - take two :)    

Reported Speech - take two :)

Ivona
Serbia

Reported Speech - take two :)

I �m so sorry, but i MUST send this. It �s because i got so many positive responses. I �m so glad you found the ideas useful. Those of you who haven �t seen it, please take a look. It �s for you and your students. My aim is to share it with you or give you food for thought, as i did to Douglas.

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=5721

Again, feel free to PM and leave an email. Those of you who have already sent a PM, please leave your email addies (because you have forgotten Wink)

EDIT: Plz, bear with me, i�m very busy tonight doing a translation, so i will email the handout tomorrow.
I got a PM from a very dear member here who minded me saying "are your SS tired of ... " When i wrote it, i didn�t realise you couldn�t read my mind and see that i had on it those traditional and conservative teachers who still exist (esp.in state schools here in Serbia). I apologise to all the hard-working teachers, innovative and creative. Keep it up!
I look forward to reading your impressions  once you have tried the ideas.
Thank you all.

16 Mar 2009      

yolprica
Spain

Can you please send me the worksheet, please?
my e-mail is: [email protected]
Thank you in advance

16 Mar 2009     

akva
Slovakia

Sorry for writing so late !
I have read your worksheet and I have to say : WELL DONE !

Yes, we sometimes tend to talk about rules and grammar but our students cannot speak well.
I am trying to change my way of teaching but it is really hard...
Some student even ask for grammar rules etc...

Well I think we should try to PRACTISE the speaking rather than explaining boring grammar...

Some time ago a student asked me: "What is the difference in such and so?"
and I had to answer: " I don �t know. There is only one word in Czech." Then I thought about it and I said: "We can say: �You are so beautiful �. But you can also continue �you are such a nice girl �."
See? I didn �t know the grammar rules, but I was able to USE such and so in correct sentence.

Well I think THIS SHOULD BE OUR GOAL: STUDENTS WILL BE ABLE TO SPEAK English !!!

I am going to try some wonderful tricks which Ivona has offered...

Thank you Ivona for sharing your innovative ideas with us !!!

17 Mar 2009     

akva
Slovakia

... and I am looking forward to reading your next worksheets !!!!

share some more , Ivona !!!

17 Mar 2009