Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Watch out for the spammers.    

Watch out for the spammers.

kwsp
United States

Watch out for the spammers.

This website may have lost its functionality for us members, but it hasn�t been much of a deterrent for the spammers. Be sure not to click on their links so your computer or phone doesn�t get compromised. Has anyone heard anything from Victor? Earlier this month I sent him an email, but I never received a reply from him.

17 Aug 2022      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Thanks for this warning about spammers. This website which has provided a lifeline to so many teachers and students in the past, needs a new initiative. What about a worksheet of the day feature, or member of the week? What about not insisting on downloaders being uploaders themselves? Is the world moving on from worksheets? Not if you take a look at other sites, notably the one modelled on this one islCollective. I don�t know.... But we need a bit of input right now. 
Lynne  

18 Aug 2022     

douglas
United States

To be quite honest Lynne, the massive advertising has driven everyone away and unless Victor can do something about it we will never get people back on board. As you say, this website has been a lifeline (for the last  14 years in my case) to many of us. It really hurts to see it die by commercialization.

in mourning,
Douglas

18 Aug 2022     

kwsp
United States

I think your ideas are good ones, Lynne, especially the one about not insisting downloaders having to be uploaders. It would definitely help on the moderating job. I imagine there wouldn�t be near as many copies being uploaded if that were a new rule. Douglas, I have been using the Duck Duck Go browser extension on my computer and the Duck Duck Go App on my phone and I don�t get all those advertisements others have been seeing here. Another bonus is that Duck Duck Go blocks the advertising and analytical trackers besides. Through the app you can see who is blocked from tracking you and I was aghast to see who all had been tracking me before I got the app! I highly recommend it. It does a super job.

18 Aug 2022     

douglas
United States

Thanks, I �ll look in to it. The fact still remains that as soon as the ads started coming, the forum died.

19 Aug 2022     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Money has to come from somewhere to provide a service, I guess. Would we offer to contribute? 

19 Aug 2022     

dackala
Serbia

I have always wanted to ask about the videos running on the whole site. I thought I was doing something wrong. Anyway, this was one of my favourite websites. I am not a huge fan of islcollective as there they ask you to donate all the time or you have worksheets that are not supposed to be there and that are against community guidelines.

19 Aug 2022     

mfraczek
France

Thank you for the message about spammers Kwsp. I simple love this website with excellent contributions and great people who are always ready to help. I followed Ruta�s advice about adblocker and it does wonders. However, since the beginning of August, it has been quite difficult to see the new contributions and there has been lots of problems. I also agree with you Lynne: people posting a message on the forum should be contributors and not anyone who has not shared a worksheet. Maybe we should be patient and sait till Victor does something.

19 Aug 2022