Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Caption competition    

Caption competition

mfraczek
France

Caption competition

Well, I never expected to be chosen as the winner of last week�s competition.
Here is my photo. 
I�m waiting for your funny witty comments.
Murielle

2 Dec 2022      

Gurnoor
Switzerland

This is extremely serious business! 

The young walrus is being coached on how exactly he must sing "Will you be my valentine....." to his crush Morsedoo exactly two days from now. In case you didn�t know, penguins are pros in such training and settle for only perfection in their charges. Hence the earnest effort!

3 Dec 2022     

karagozian
France

A walrus accidentally meets a raft of female penguins somewhere at the south pole somewhere on the last remaining piece of ice left. They are wonderful and reminding us of what our planet used to be. They also remind us that human beings are constantly hurting the Earth and endangering the lives of all animals. Let�s keep this in mind.

3 Dec 2022     

karagozian
France

Walrus : All we ever hear from you is blah blah blah 

Penguins : So, all we ever do is go ja ja ja 

Walrus and penguins : And we don�t even care about what they say �cause it�s Ja ja ja ja�

3 Dec 2022     

spinney
United Kingdom

"Fish? What fish? I have not seen your fish. I have no idea what you are talking about!"

4 Dec 2022     

FrauSue
France

And say aaaah ... all done, see you next year for your dental check-up!

5 Dec 2022     

kwsp
United States

Penguins to sea lion: �Your singing is awful and you are keeping our nestlings awake. Please go sing somewhere else!�

5 Dec 2022     

douglas
United States

1) Penguins to their sea lion step-father: "See Dad, we TOLD you Mom would be mad."

2) Sea Lion comes home late and  his wife�s  sisters are visiting "See Alice, I tell you, he�s no good for you. Look at him, I think he�s been drinking. And..and.. is that mermaid I smell on him?

6 Dec 2022     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Penguin 1: There�s a bit of nasty rotting fish between your front teeth. 
Penguin 2: Let me get it, my beak is nice and sharp.
Penguin 3: Stand back, I�ll take care of this.  

6 Dec 2022     

mfraczek
France

Hello,
I�ll choose the winner of the competition on Sunday. 
Murielle 

10 Dec 2022     

mfraczek
France

Hello to all of you,
Thank you for your captions. It was not easy to choose the winner and I didn�t want to hurt anyone (especially after we won the football match on Saturday evening).  
As a result the winner is LYNNE  

12 Dec 2022