Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > January Caption Competition     

January Caption Competition

FionaS2016
United Kingdom

January Caption Competition

Here is my first caption pic - suggestions please! 

16 Jan 2023      

teresasimoes
Portugal

We are all dressed up to welcome the New Year.

16 Jan 2023     

spinney
United Kingdom

Fido could not come. He is in the dog house.

16 Jan 2023     

douglas
United States

Step aside Ninja Turtles and Paw Patrol, it�s time for "Coated Karate Canines"

17 Jan 2023     

mfraczek
France

We are taking part in a competition about the best looks for a dog. Vote for us!

17 Jan 2023     

kwsp
United States

Rub-a-dub-dub, we�re three dogs who want some grub. (grub = food)

21 Jan 2023     

FionaS2016
United Kingdom

The entries so far are all so good, it is going to be difficult to decide on a winner! There is still time for more entries - the final judging will take place after 31 January - keep those ideas coming! It is wonderful to see such creativity. Good luck!

22 Jan 2023     

mfraczek
France

They are looking for some actors to play the part of the Bee Gees in a remake of Saturday Night Fever. Don�t you think we are perfect?

23 Jan 2023     

Anjak7
Poland

Where are you going Stranger?

23 Jan 2023     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Gold, silver and bronze medallists in the Naughty Dog Stakes. I would have the bronze medallist as I always favour the underdog.

Underdog = a competitor who is considered to have little chance of winning.  

2 Feb 2023     

FionaS2016
United Kingdom

Well, decision time. This was so difficult as the entries were all good, and in the end there were two that stood out for me. This was due to the ingenuity of using a play on words which is such an excellent teaching opportunity. I still couldn�t decide, and I couldn�t have a tie so I enlisted the help of an independent adjudicator - the owner of the dog in the centre. So it is all her fault if anyone doesn�t agree! We both thought that Spinney was the winner with Cunliffe a very close second. But they were all brilliant and it was great fun reading the entries. Thank you all. 
I think the way this works is that Spinney now has to post a pic...Over to you!
Fiona 

4 Feb 2023