Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Automated Domino Card Maker.    

Automated Domino Card Maker.

Matthew@ELSP
Japan

Automated Domino Card Maker.

Hi, everyone.

If you, like me, spend hundreds of hours of your own time each year making materials the "old fashioned" way, then you, too, will want to know if there is a way to automate.

I always use Word, or Google Docs tools to make printable materials.
Unfortunately, there is no way to automate this... or is there?
I would like to be able to automate these jobs, and do so using my own images, and not a selection of images on a website offering materials-making tools.
Though some sites like www.bingobaker.com and www.eslactivities.com offer great tools for bingo, I know of none that offer automation for the jobs below...

domino sets
battleships
Lotto (though a bingo card maker can be used)
board games

If you know of any, fee-paying or free, I would love to hear from you.
There are sites which turn up in Internet searches for these things, but they do not actually offer them.

Also, if you know of any downloadable programs (Windows or Linux Mint),  fee-paying or free, I would love to hear from you.

Thank you.

7 Mar 2023      

spinney
United Kingdom

Hi there!
Bingo and Battleships are not included, but this site offers to make short online versions of some of my worksheets into crosswords, anagrams, and quizzes in PDF form. 

it is not free, but it is cheap and I find it useful for setting homework. 

There is also this for bingo, which I have used. It is not perfect, but it is OK.

8 Mar 2023     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi, Matthew

Not sure if these two links might be useful, but give them a go. Mark Cox has everything for free, for end users.
Here you can read the conditions: 

End User License Agreement: You are free to download any resource from this site as an end user and MES-English.com grants you an End User License with the following restrictions: You may not redistribute, copy, modify, transfer, transmit, repackage, charge for or sell any of the materials from this site. You may use photocopies or printouts for distribution to your students. MES reserves the right to terminate or make changes to this agreement for any reason and without notice. 

Linda 

8 Mar 2023     

Matthew@ELSP
Japan

Thank you Spinney and Olindalima.

Thank you for your suggestions.
 I am familiar with the services you linked to, but unfortunately, though they are useful, they are not what I am looking for.

For reference, these two bingo card makers are good.

This one is free, and usually works very well, but being free it is not 100% reliable.
It is highly customizable.
www.eslactivities.com then select the bingo card tool.

This is not as highly customizable as the one above, but is free for very limited useand is fast and completely reliable.
www.bingobaker.com

I shall continue my epic quest to find what I need...

10 Mar 2023     

David Lisgo
Japan

I sometimes use the Puzzlemaker (CD version) to help make worksheets. I haven�t used the online version, but it looks very good. It may not help you a lot, but have a look if you are not already aware of it.
https://puzzlemaker.discoveryeducation.com/

14 Mar 2023     

Matthew@ELSP
Japan

Thanks, David.
For word searches, I use the free downloadable Windows program below.
It works very well indeed.

Word Search Creator.
By: Open For Schools / Matthew Wellings 2006-2013

It outputs as a PDF.
With or without answer sheet.
With or without hints on the page.

https://wordsearchcreator.org/downloads/

It can be downloaded as an Android App, Mac OS App, Ubuntu Linux, too.

18 Mar 2023