Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Thank you Victor.    

Thank you Victor.

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Thank you Victor.

To Victor Gayol, wherever you may be, whatever you are doing now, I want to say a sincere thankyou. Thank you for this wonderful site, which enriched my teaching so much, gave me friends, internet friends, but real friends nonetheless. This site encouraged me to make resources, which is still - I am retired now - a great hobby for me. I once met a wonderful member on here - ldthemagicman, the witty and wonderful, Les Douglas, sadly no longer with us. I met another member Lesly Misano in Italy, which was lovely. I have had wonderful, supportive messages and lengthy correspondence with so many of you. I have to mention  Monique, although she has left the site. I am going to visit her, but don�t tell her, it�s going to be a surprise. 

So thank you Victor, if you get to read this. You via this site have really made a difference to my life. 

Lynne  

25 Mar 2023      

jannabanna
France

Hi Lynne,

I�m 100% in agreement with you, through this site I learned how to put my ideas onto interesting worksheets.  I started off using some of the templates here and then started to make my own.  Over the years I became quite an expert, both on word and powerpoint. I�m now retired, like you, but still make my own resources if and when I�m needed for private lessons.  I don�t know what has happened to Victor (I sincerely hope nothing serious) but I am seriously thinking of closing my account because I don�t want my resources hacked.

Janet 

25 Mar 2023     

spinney
United Kingdom

Ditto! Although a relative newcomer, I have learned some very useful tricks here, as well as improving my own resources which have been very helpful to myself and my students. A big thank you to Victor for setting this up and to all my chums who I have met on here over the years. 
EDIT: Whatever became of the lovely Sara Santos? 

26 Mar 2023     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Yes, best wishes to Victor with whatever he is doing now. Maybe he is writing another book? Sara Santos! She used to put encouraging comments on newcomers� resources. And does Jayho ever check in these days, I wonder? 

26 Mar 2023     

EstherLee76
Peru

Thanks Lynne for this post.  I could NEVER have made it in my ESL tutoring business without ESLP.  I literally owe Victor my life!

26 Mar 2023     

EwelinaEwelina
Japan

I also want to thank you Victor and many great  contributors for sharing their wonderful work. I am very grateful for this site. 
I hope Victor is happy and well.  

27 Mar 2023     

spied-d-aignel
France

Hello  to you all guys!!
How I agree with you   as to what this site and Victor have  brought to us . This is really where  I also started  creating ressources and learnt to use word and other stuff. The site has changed  a little these latest months but I do hope that Victor is ok. As for other long gone members   I still often  think of them  .
Take great care of you
Hugs from sunny Normandy
Sylvie 

27 Mar 2023     

douglas
United States

Here! Here!  I Agree. Thanks to Victor, this website saved me! In 2008 I was hired to teach ESL and had only taught public speaking and writing to native speakers prior. At the time I don�t think I could give you the proper name of more than three tenses. I stumbled onto this site and never looked back.

The initial camaraderie and  willingness to help by so many was a God send. I spent hours on the site (in the early days we would even meet in the forum just to chat and play, here�s an example:  http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=9056

This site made me an ESL teacher and I thank every one of you for that. Unfortunately, like Chaucer said, "all good things come to an end..." and there were so many!.

And I think Zora(linda), Liberty Belle, Ivonka, and the rest that fought over ownership of the crown, would agree that Victor has earned the right to wear it as I invoke it once more from so many past forum threads.

Looking back, there are so many I so enjoyed being allowed to meet here, I would love to mention each of them but there are simply too many---I love going back and reading forum posts from 2008,9, 10,and beyond--so many talented and wonderful people I was allowed to meet in this lifetime. Thank-you.

For those that choose to leave, I wish you all the best and a sincere thank-you. For those that are staying, I�m still here and look forward to hearing from you in the future.

YOU DONE GOOD VICTOR, THANK-YOU! ... you may wear The Crown

Cheers,
Douglas

27 Mar 2023     

teresasimoes
Portugal

I thank Victor and this wonderful site for forming a friendly and helpful community I am proud of belonging to for about two decades. I have been able to learn, share materials and ideas, and get comfort from friends. I was given the privilege of meeting good people.

Thank you, Victor and you all. 
Teresa 

27 Mar 2023     

David Lisgo
Japan

This place was family for me, with brothers and sisters all over the world, we argued and fought had a father figure in the form of Victor who did his best to keep us all together, and he did well. Some of us loved moderating and I myself took pleasure in keeping this site free from members who didn�t want to abide by copyright rules, hating it when one member stole from another. As an untrained teacher, I gained so much knowledge from other members and so many ideas that now, in my retirement years, I design, manufacture and sell teaching materials (on a part-time basis) in Japan. This would never have happened without ESL Printables and the kindness of its members. 

I do hope that Victor, or whomever is now controlling this site, will continue to make this site a place where people get pleasure from sharing their teaching ideas and materials, and that these contributions and efforts will be appreciated by others.

Thanks to everyone and Victor in particular.
David

27 Mar 2023     

FrauSue
France

I agree! Where would you recommend we go now - not really for sharing resources (there is also islcollective for that), but for interesting conversations and questions with other enthusiastic language teachers? I need grammar nerds to chat to! :)

29 Mar 2023     

1    2    Next >