Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > TEACHERS MIRACULOUSLY REJUVENATE    

TEACHERS MIRACULOUSLY REJUVENATE

EstherLee76
Peru

TEACHERS MIRACULOUSLY REJUVENATE

Everyone talks about Teacher burn-out but now we’re hearing about teaching as the fountain of youth. Teacher Miss Jean Brodie has been teaching for ten years. At her yearly check-up, she was amazed to find that she unaged three years! Another teacher in Indiana, Mr. Arthur Chipping was reported to regressed from age 40 to 38. Many other cases have been popping up around the country. Medical experts have been unable to explain these rejuvenation events. “It appears the joys and rewards of teaching have actually made teaching professionals younger””

Don’t you wish it were true? April Fool’s Day!

1 Apr 2023      

spinney
United Kingdom

You had me going there, Esther! 

1 Apr 2023     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I like it Esther, but it never got me going! Teaching has aged me, my god. I am 37, look 97.LOL

1 Apr 2023     

jannabanna
France

You had me there Esther and I was beginning to wonder what was wrong with me!  At the end of my career we had to teach young adults who didn�t act like adults at all and I ended up with a burn-out.  Some of them were impossible to control and when I asked them what they were doing here, they replied that they were being paid to come!  What can you expect?  No motivation at all to learn anything!  Right from the beginning I was trained to teach adults (further education) and more precisely in-company teaching, which I loved but had never been confronted with this type of student before. 

2 Apr 2023     

douglas
United States

LOL! Nice one Esther.

But truthfully, teaching really does help keep me young. Moving from live classes to video for the years of COVID actually aged me--I need that live energy a classroom gives me. It is also nice to interactive with the youth (for me youth can mean up to 40 something years old :) ), they tend to have an energy and excitement about life that is contagious.

Cheers,
Douglas

3 Apr 2023     

karagozian
France

Douglas is right The Best remedy against ageing !!!!

3 Apr 2023     

EstherLee76
Peru

Ho ho! I just wanted to make a little joke but I found a lot of interesting philosophy about teaching! For me, teaching wears me out, but my students do inspire me.

I used to be a secretary in a big company and every April Fool’s Day one of the big wigs sent around a joke memorandum (in paper – this was before email). You could hear people gasping up and down the halls “WHAT?” and then laughing. It was great.

4 Apr 2023     

spinney
United Kingdom

I will just leave this here.

5 Apr 2023     

aftab57
United Kingdom

spinney that a laugh!!

12 Apr 2023     

aftab57
United Kingdom

spinney that a laugh!!