Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > WORD-PPT CONVERTER    

WORD-PPT CONVERTER

customer
Italy

WORD-PPT CONVERTER

Hello everybody,

I �m learning how to use the interactive whiteboard and I have to convert some Word files (a lot, actually!) to Powerpoint format.
Do you know a good software, possibly free?

Thanks a lot,

greetings from Italy
Chiara

17 Mar 2009      

frenchfrog
France

Type "convert Word document into Powerpoint" in the Google Search bar and I think you �ll find some interesting tips! Wink

17 Mar 2009     

customer
Italy

Hi Frenchfrog,

I �ve done it, but the conversion Word-PPT is not so common (and I preferred a "tested" tip).

Thanks a lot for answering!

17 Mar 2009     

frenchfrog
France

Have you tried http://media-convert.com/convert/ ?? (But I am not really sure ... Confused)

17 Mar 2009     

customer
Italy

Thanks again, I �ll try  (good site, anyway...)

17 Mar 2009     

teacherlupe
Spain

Hello Chiara,

We have in our school two digital blackboards, I think that it is the same that interactive whiteboard. I use a special software that They gave us with the whiteboard, a part from this, I use powerpoints that I made and some websites.

How old are your students?

I do not if I can help you.

Hugs

Guadalupe

17 Mar 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

You can also convert your Word file in PDF and then insert it in your Activboard document.

17 Mar 2009     

customer
Italy

Hi Guadalupe,

my students are aged 11-14 and I use Smart Notebook. I wanted to use some of my old Word files (I haven �t many powerpoints) and adapt them but my whiteboard software can "read"  just  the simplest ones.

Do you know any good websites where to find activities and materials for the whiteboard?

Thanks in advance,
Chiara

17 Mar 2009     

teacherlupe
Spain

Hi!

MY students are younger, because they are 9 and 10, and I have a group that They are only 4.

I use webs suchs as www.bbc.co.uk/schools/  and the web of the British council, and a web with games that they like a lot It is www.barryfunenglish.com  and now I use a special sftware that McMillan Heinemann did for the whiteboard. I do not there is for secondary schools. I am sorry I can help you more.

Regards

Guadalupe

17 Mar 2009     

customer
Italy

Hi Guadalupe,

I think I �ll use this site, it has got a lot of useful templates, for any level.

Bye and thanks again for your help

Chiara
                                             Thanks everybody!

17 Mar 2009