Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ECL    

ECL

Betti :)
Hungary

ECL

Hi

Our school is just going to switch to ECL exams, but I have only few material for that. Can you help me with it? Is it almost the same as the TELC?

I �m going to have a B1 and a B2 class and I should choose course books nowadays. If you have any idea, experience or anything please share with me.

Thx,

Betti

17 Mar 2009      

aftab57
United Kingdom

I �m not really familiar with this curriculum, would you mind giving a very brief explanation please, that may help me to help you.

17 Mar 2009     

Hungary

Well, I have read everything I could and I �ve already checked a bookshop... but I haven �t find one book especially for ECL exams. As it �s an international exam, I decided to ask you all :) ECL stands for "European Consortium for the Certificate of Attainment in Modern Languages" and the otehr�is: The European Language Certificates (TELC). There �s some info about them, and there are mock exam tests as well, but one test just does not give me an overall help.

17 Mar 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

So far I have only this. I hope others can help with this.

17 Mar 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

So far I have only this. I hope others can help with this.

17 Mar 2009     

Hungary

Aftab57! Thanx a lot! Smile

17 Mar 2009     

-eva
Spain

Dear colleague,

We currently teach those levels according to the Common European Framework in our school. The books we �ve chosen for the past two years have been the Straightforward series, by Macmillan. All in all, they seem to work all right, even though they don �t cover all the aspects required for B1, for instance. We had to adapt them and provide a list of the missing parts, and see where and when best to include them.

There �s lots of literature about them online. However, email me if you need any more information, or have whichever question.
See you soon. Love,
Eva

17 Mar 2009     

nkappa
Greece

I also sugest Express Publishing books! I think they are the best from many aspects...

17 Mar 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

I found this website , is it of any use?

17 Mar 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

I found this website , is it of any use?

17 Mar 2009     

Hungary

Thanks for the information!!! :) �I try to do y best. Tomorrow visiting some more shops for books. Any opinion on Natural English series? For B2 level...

17 Mar 2009     

1    2    Next >