Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > i spy with my eye    

i spy with my eye

sawer
Turkey

i spy with my eye

Hello everybody, I�ve made search on the net, I tried hard but I couldn�t get the deep meaning of this idiom. Where can we use it exactly? Or is it just a game? It seems to me it is something like a game; someone says he chooses something which begins with the letter (for example T), and the other one tries to guess what it is. But could you please explain using more examples?
Thank you in advance 

5 Oct 2023      

FrauSue
France

Hello, 
Yes, it is a game. In UK English we say "I spy with my little eye, something beginning with ..." and then let the other players take turns to guess what the object is. It should be something you can see so it is often played on long car or train journeys where you can see different things out of the window,

So when it is used as an idiom (rarely), it�s really just a reference to the game. 

5 Oct 2023     

sawer
Turkey

hi, Sue, thank you for your kind reply, loves 

5 Oct 2023     

kofec
Austria

The future of learning is illuminated by the possibilities of the digital age. Education is becoming more accessible, engaging the best college application essay writing service and tailored to individual needs. It empowers learners of all ages to acquire knowledge.

6 Oct 2023     

Sylimelle
United States

It actually uses metaphor quite a bit. Personally, I like to study poetry but don�t know too much. I�m just looking for information to know more. Really interesting topic and worth learning about mini crossword

8 Oct 2023     

kofec
Austria

Waterproof formulas are excellent for all-day wear, while volumizing mascaras give your lashes that coveted voom effect. Eyeliner enhances the shape of your b curl classic lashes eyes and can be applied in various styles, from a subtle tightline to a dramatic cat-eye.

16 Oct 2023     

kofec
Austria

Different tools and medicines are taken for thk true value for all people. The things of the how to boost glutathione for all people. The argument is field for the full use of the options for the guiles for humans.

19 Dec 2023     

clydeperez
United States

From red carpet glamour to everyday street style the choices of stars reverberate through the fashion industry shaping trends and reflecting the dynamic relationship between http://biographyofacelebrity.com/ culture and the world of style.

6 Jan 2024