Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Daffynitions    

Daffynitions

kwsp
United States

Daffynitions

Hi all, I was talking with a friend when this word came up, and I thought it would be great for a Daffynition contest. Anyone feel like playing? Rules: post a silly, funny, or clever made up definition � not the true definition. Please write your daffynitions for the word �skedaddle�. Let�s have some fun! 😄

22 Nov 2023      

spinney
United Kingdom

A skedaddle is a father who has a tendency to disappear when his partner asks him to change a nappy. 

23 Nov 2023     

douglas
United States

skedaddle is a new  sport craze that combines cross-country skiing and stand-up paddling (Ski-paddle). It is a result of the effects of global warming, skiers were so often confronted with melting, soggy snow that they had to devise a way to continue their journeys when the snow had become ponds, puddles, or pools of  water.

23 Nov 2023     

kwsp
United States

Thank you Spinney and Douglas for playing along! Both of your daffynitions are really great! Since I have to pick one, I am going to go with Spinney�s definition- a dad who flees when it�s time to change a nappie - since in actuality skedaddle is a verb which means to flee! It�s your turn to pick a word now, Spinney!

26 Nov 2023     

spinney
United Kingdom

Thank you for the honour. I will try to do my best for this most auspicious of undertakings. 

28 Nov 2023     

kofec
Austria

eSim enhances the overall security of mobile networks and provides users with a more robust defense against potential threats. Independence coupled with the ease of connectivity provided by esim for europe, has fueled the adoption of these devices.

17 Jan 2024