Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Daffynition November December    

Daffynition November December

spinney
United Kingdom

Daffynition November December

Hi everybody!
Thank you Ethyl for passing on the honour.
My daffynition is: CANOODLE.
So, I will start. A canoodle is a very long canoe used in the long and curvy canals of Venice. So named because they look like noodles. 

28 Nov 2023      

jfaraujo
Portugal

A canoodle is a very special kind of noodle that people buy precooked in a can.

29 Nov 2023     

Mandolina
United Kingdom

A canoodle is a sneaky look. You are at the beach, you know you shouldn�t but you have a sly look at the handsome guy strutting his stuff. Or you are at a restaurant and someone is complaining. It�s not your business, but - you have a little canoodle. You want to know what it�s about. A little canoodling is harmless enough. You just want to know what�s going on! 

29 Nov 2023     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

A canoodle is a medical term. So you have a  nasty infection and you  go to the local surgery. You expect to take an aspirin or something a bit stronger and you ask for a drink of water with that. But you are in France. You do not need a glass of water! says the nurse. Bend over. And she administers the canoodle. 

29 Nov 2023     

jimmymelrose
France

Ok, this is a new word for me. I know what canoodle means but I�d never heard of daffynition. You�re a weird lot on here ;- Just an anecdote: When I was about 8 years old I was at my brother�s girlfriend�s Mum�s flat. My brother and his girlfriend was kissing and cuddling alot. I kept repeating on purpose that they were always snogging, for example, �oh, look they�re snogging again�. This amused me because her mother, who was exactly liked the character �Mrs Bucket� some years later on the BBC, kept replying:�It�s not snogging, it�s canoodling.�

30 Nov 2023     

douglas
United States

canoodle is very simply a Canadian yodel "yodel eh di Eh!"

4 Dec 2023     

kwsp
United States

Canoodle is a new drawing game that recently came on the market. Can + (d)oodle = canoodle. Draw to your heart�s content! Buy yours now! ✍️

5 Dec 2023     

spinney
United Kingdom

Hi peeps! I thought I would give this one a week or so. Anyway, it is my solemn duty to announce the winner of the latest daffynition as Jfaraujo, stating that a canoodle is a recooked noodle in a can. Well done to everybody else, there were some real belters in there.

For those of you who are not sure of the true meaning of this verb, it means to hug and kiss in an amorous fashion.  

12 Dec 2023     

jfaraujo
Portugal

Hi everyone! I have to thank Dale for choosing my daffynition, which I thought had no chances of winning.
Here�s a new word for you. Wise your imagination and your sense of humour. I am expecting the silliest daffynitions possible.

apricate

Good luck everyone! 

16 Dec 2023