Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Beautiful Work - But PLEASE Spell Check!    

Beautiful Work - But PLEASE Spell Check!

ESL
United States

Beautiful Work - But PLEASE Spell Check!

Hi everyone-
I would like to make a general comment about the sheets that are being made, they are very nice, but I have run into several that have spelling errors on them. I try to catch them before I print them out for my class, but just a suggestion, please take the time and spell check before sending them onto this site.

We all spend so much of our "free" time working on these beautiful sheets, spend a few more moments making sure words are correct and punctuation is added!

18 Mar 2009      

cheezels
New Zealand

A good hint for spell checking sheets you have already downloaded, especially if worksheets have been spell checked using US english when you are UK english etc...(or vice versa!)
This works if you are using word 2007.
Select all the text in the worksheet.
Then go to REVIEW.
Then select SET LANGUAGE
A box with come up saying mark selected text as..... and you can choose the language.
Click ok and then any spelling errors in THAT language will come up Big smile
I always select English UK and then all the little words like color/colour , traveling/travelling etc are easy to find and correct into either UK or US versions.

It has been very useful to me!

18 Mar 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I agree with Cheezel - I never print out before making a spell check and a grammar check.
That would be the same as downloading from the net without editing.
When it all comes down to it, it is our jobs as teachers to make sure materials are correct.

But I do agree that we shouldn �t be too hasty in uploading before checking our own materials.
It saves everyone time.

18 Mar 2009