Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > WILD ANIMALS    

WILD ANIMALS

ELMO.
Spain

WILD ANIMALS

HELLO EVERYONE!! I NEED YOUR HELP!! I NEED SOME IDEAS/ACTIVITIES/GAMES TO WORK ON WILD ANIMALS TOPIC FOR MY YEAR 3 CHILDREN. ANY IDEA WILL BE VERY APPRECIATED!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE

18 Mar 2009      

nebo_Londona
Russian Federation

I suggest you to visit www. 123listening. com - you �ll find lots of listening WSs in the "Animals" category. Also you can make any WS you like using www.mes-english.com �s generators. They are really helpful!
Good luck!

18 Mar 2009     

ELMO.
Spain

thank you so much nebo londona!!!!!!!!!! :) HAVE YOU GOT ANY GAME TO PRACTICE VOCABULARY RELATED TO WILD ANIMALS OR ANY CRAFT IN PARTICULAR?? THANKSSSSSS

18 Mar 2009     

frenchfrog
France

If you give me a list of wild animals (the ones you would like your pupils to learn), I could make you some dominoes (Today Silke asked me to make some dominoes about Easter, and I did it, so why not you?!!Wink)

18 Mar 2009     

ELMO.
Spain

Would you do that for me???? WOW YOU ARE AMAZING!!!! THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS AND THANKS AGAIN!!!!!! :)
here is the list:
-Lion
-Monkey
-Chamaleon
-jiraffe
-elephant
-tiger
-Cheetah
-Snake

18 Mar 2009     

frenchfrog
France

Ok! I know your pupils are too young to read but I think I will include the words all the same (they might be useful to older pupils) Wink

18 Mar 2009     

frenchfrog
France

Done! I have also included the zebra!Wink

18 Mar 2009     

puspita
Indonesia

Hi, I did a swap seat (circle game) with my gradeschool kids - well, basically because they like running around Tongue. It goes like this:

1. Prepare animal pictures according to the number of your students, then assign each student an animal name by giving them the picture card.
2. Ask them their �new names �, make sure they also remember their friends � new identity (ask them to point at the person every time you call his/her animal name)
3. Start the game: prepare seats in circle, that are one less than the number of your students (if you have 9 students, prepare 8 seats, etc). the one left must stand in the middle.
4. Tell your students they have to swap seats when their names are called, and the one in the middle has to steal the seat. For example: �lion - monkey � means, students who have lion pictures must swap seat with their friends who have monkey picture. While the students are trying to reach their new seats, the one in the middle must try to get one of the available seats. There will be one student left without seat; he/she will be �it � - the one standing in the middle.
5. Continue the game by calling other animals. If you wish, you may call three or four different animals, but be careful with the noise and the bumps.

Hope this one helps.

19 Mar 2009     

ELMO.
Spain

thanks for your idea puspita!!!!i love the game!!!!!!!!!!i will carry it out in my class for sure!!!!!!!!! thanks again you are the best!!!!!!

19 Mar 2009