Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > May you help me?    

May you help me?

Teacher J�nior
Brazil

May you help me?

I have some students in doubt with preposition (in and at)
Can you suggest a website, or give me some general explanation about it?

18 Mar 2009      

source
Turkey

Hi dear junior , this is my powerpoint and it is today �s contribution so you can download free if you are premuim user...

18 Mar 2009     

fkiraz83
Turkey

There is an activity sheet about prepositions - PLACE - I couldn �t upload because of size ;) But ı give u another adr. so that you can get it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/210848222/prepositions.doc.html

18 Mar 2009     

esl-teach
United States

Try:

18 Mar 2009     

Laurocasquel
Brazil

Hey dude its very simple ... you use IN when you are talking about a certain time for example in the morning, and you use at when you face an especific kind of time or place for instance: at 8 o �clock, I am at home

Well... I hope Im helping you this way

Taka care

19 Mar 2009     

ameliarator
United States

Are you talking about prepositions of place or prepositions of time?

For prepositions of time we use "in" for years, months, seasons, and with "the morning/the afternoon/the evening." �We use "at" for clock times ("3:00"), Holiday seasons ("at Christmas"), unofficial times, like "bedtime" or "lunchtime" and with "night."

For prepositions of place it �s a little more difficult. �What I always tell my students is that "in" is more specific than "at." �For example, if you are waiting for your friend outside a store, you say, "he is in the store," because you know specifically that is where he is. �If you are at your house and your friend said he was going to the store you say, "he is at the store," because he might be in the store, or in the parking lot, or near the store, or next to the store, etc.- you don �t know if he is technically in the store.

Hope this crazy long explanation is useful!

19 Mar 2009