Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > moving to another country    

moving to another country

orisya
Ukraine

moving to another country

dear teachers, one of my students is moving to the USA and we have a month to prepare her for living there. Her English is not bad, she makes some mistakes, but her speech is understandable and i don �t think she �ll have big problems there, actually. But during that month i �d like to give her really useful things for her new life in another country. If you have any suggestions or any links which i can use for her, i �d be very grateful for your help.
Hug
Orısya

19 Mar 2009      

douglas
United States

Make sure she knows that in America you call it an "eraser", not a "rubber".

I watched a show in Germany about a German family that moved to Texas.  The teenage girl told a story about a very embarassing moment when she asked someone for a "rubber" (she wanted the thing you erase pencil marks with).  In America a "rubber" is a prophylactic (condom)--it was very embarassing for her.

19 Mar 2009