Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > What can be considered as "STOLEN"    

What can be considered as "STOLEN"

viggia (F)
Italy

What can be considered as "STOLEN"

hELLO Everyone.

Just a personal doubt. I made this ws

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=113343#thetop

And the day after someone else took the same idea and changed just a few details:

Can it be considered a stolen ws?

Thanks

7 Oct 2008      

kaz76
United Kingdom

Hi Viggia

I had a look at both worksheets and although they look similar - it doesn�t look like it was copied.  I think most people have the same idea when making up worksheets about the past simple - if you look through any textbooks or even other past simple worksheets on here I think you�ll find that your worksheet is similar to many others.  None of these are stolen but as I have said before there are only so many ways to reinvent the wheel.

7 Oct 2008     

Glamorous
United Arab Emirates

Wink

7 Oct 2008     

cooler
Poland

If anyone can improve on sombody else�s work let�s not consider it stolen. �The idea is to share our work so that we all can do a better job. I�m happy to have my ideas developed further by others, as long as they actually have some real input, not just change font or colours. Most of the work shown here is based on borrowed ideas. Yet they have been personally �coloured� and shaped...�

Thank you all hardworking fellow teachers!!!�Clap

7 Oct 2008     

viggia (F)
Italy

I was actually taken some points out for having - not intentionally - "improved somebody�s else�s work ".
 But I really don�t  mind. My purpose is not getting marks.
Otherwise, you could simply take some popular ws, change little details and voil� hundred of points for free.....
 I am happy to find interesting stuff to use in class and if my creativity can be of any help to others I am glad, too.
Thanks to Victor for this extraordinary site and for anybody who has been working hard to keep it up!.

Ciao from Italy

7 Oct 2008