Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > EARTH HOUR 2009    

EARTH HOUR 2009

mariamit
Greece

EARTH HOUR 2009

Hi everyone,

As today is Friday and we�ve got 8 more days until Earth Hour 2009, I�d like to urge all of you to register and participate for this event.  I have always believed that as teachers we all have a role in shaping students� personalities and influencing their views.  So please help our planet, encourage your students to sign up and to participate. Register your school and urge everyone there to do what they can. I am not sure if all of you know about Earth Hour 2009. If you�d like to know more or if you�d like to register this is the link  http://www.earthhour.org . Your browser will take you to your country�s WWF site where you can register.If it doesn�t or if you�d like more information you can try this site also:   http://www.voteearth2009.org/home/ .  If you decide you�d like to do something with your students on Friday March 27 and you haven�t got the time to make your own worksheet I can send you the one I uploaded so you don�t have to waste a point downloading mine. I will send it to anyone who sends me a personal message. I don�t care about points. . I only ask that you look at the links and encourage everyone to join in the celebration.

I hope I haven�t tired everyone. Have a nice Friday and a great weekend.

20 Mar 2009      

pauguzman
Argentina

Thank you very much for reminding us our rol in society,

I VOTE FOR OUR EARTH! and I am going to do this activity with my students
PAULA

20 Mar 2009     

EvaRamos
Panama

Thanks Maria for the reminder.  I definitely agree with you that we as teachers have an important role, and we have to take advantage of that role to bring about a change.

I will vote for our planet and spread the word.

Greetings,
Eva

20 Mar 2009     

-eva
Spain

Thanks, Maria,
I �ve already registered. I will follow the instructions; we must take some action, and you �re right, I can �t agree more as we teachers have the power to guide our student �s ideas and views. Some of mine are really aware of climatic change and thoroughly commited to saving our planet.
Have a very nice weekend,
Cheers, Eva

20 Mar 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Perfect post! Thumbs Up
I suggest you take a look at this and show the vid to your students! It �s a must! Thumbs Up
Check it here:
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=4588

(though, my youtube is acting up ... is yours the same??)

20 Mar 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

I watched a programme on TV and saw that a large gathering of very eminent scientists met in Stokholm about two weeks ago to discuss what they called the great UN scam about global warming. �These scientists claim that it is pure scare-mongering but that the UN and huge businesses are attempting to panic people into believing that global warming is caused by �the actions of humanity. �They agree that terrible polution is being caused by the way �in which man is abusing the environment but also they are saying that global warming is not the result of that. �Global warming (they claim) is a natural cycle that the earth is going through , just as it did during the ice-age. �They definitely agreed that pollution is a grave problem but that making people believe that this is the cause of global warming is a scam to generate panic into buying and spending recklessly. Even if the emmissions of toxic waste were to end in the morning it seems that the earth will still have to go through it �s natural cycle as it has done for millions of years.�
Though that this might be an interesting topic as we approach Earth Hour.

21 Mar 2009