Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I NEED YOUR OPINION!    

I NEED YOUR OPINION!

eng789
Israel

I would like to know if we are talking about teaching ablility or teacher- student relations.

I know that the teenage boys would prefer to look at a younger teacher but when it comes to solving problems, English or other, they come to me.  They know that they can discuss almost anything with me (and I �m almost 58).  I have a great relationship with my pupils and not just the ones I personally teach,  because I am the coordinator  and we have more that 700 kids in our school.  

I don �t remember having as much self confidence as the younger teachers do today.  Maybe that works to their advantage.

20 Mar 2009     

MarianaC
Argentina

Since you are asking about what the advantage is of a younger teacher over a more experienced one, I would say that they are more updated with the new methods and theories of teaching than more experienced ones, as the latter group had their training some time ago and changed (or didn �t) their way of teaching based on their experience.
I would also change the word "young" for "new". You are using the word "experienced" connected with age but we shouldn �t forget that some people decide to change their career when they are adults and discover their teaching vocation in middle age.
And I would also like to know how many years we should work as teachers to be considered "experienced". What is your time frame?

21 Mar 2009     

Makol
Russian Federation

MarianaC, I have 2 weeks for preparation.

Thank you all for good answers!

21 Mar 2009     

< Previous   1    2