Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Please help me to share! =0)    

Please help me to share! =0)

Nalina
Russian Federation

Please help me to share! =0)

Hello everyone!

Heart�I just love this site and I�m happy to write to you all!!

I�m pleased to share my work with you but now I�m facing a problem: a file that I wish to download weighs 900Kb (in a doc. format). I cannot divide it into parts as it�s just one page long... Neither can I change the size of the pictures (there are not so many)... I don�t know why the file is so heavy. Ok. I converted the doc. format into pdf. and it now weighs 270 Kb. But I suffered all this only to discover that pdf. formats may not be downloaded here!!�Cry I know I�m not the first to be facing this kind of problem, but still I don�t know how to solve it. The file I�m going to share worked well during my last class, so it would be a pity to keep it to myself... (( How can I download it??

Many Thanks�

Nalina from Russia

7 Oct 2008      

shirley99
Estonia

Hey Nalina!

To compress pictures in MS Word (make the files smaller): right mouse click on your pictures-> Format picture->Picture->Compress. This really helps to make the word document smaller.

Hope you find a solution,

Shirley

7 Oct 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Hi Nalina,

If the above doesn�t work take a screen shot of the whole page and save it as a jpeg file, paste it into word and
abracadabra - its like magic! (I actually use ONENOTE to take the screenshot but all computers have a basic screenshot available i think).

7 Oct 2008     

brahmam
India

Hi, Nalina,

Do you want to download or upload?

7 Oct 2008     

Logos
Malaysia

Nalina,

I find it hard to believe that a one page worksheet cannot be reduced to the 300kb limit - especially as you say there are not many pictures.  download my worksheet http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=107849#thetop and try reducing the size of the pictures.  If you really cannot do it then please feel free to send me the worksheet and I will try and reduce it for you and send it back.  Promise I will not submit it as my own!!! e-mail is [email protected]

Michael

7 Oct 2008     

Mietz
Germany

Hi Nalina,
I suppose you mean "uploading" a worksheet. :-)
I usually end up copying everything from the original document into a completely new and empty document. For whatever reason that always reduces the size - often quite substantially. I don�t know why. (I found that out after I spent two hours trying to reduce the size of a 311KB worksheet...Wacko)
You could also check, that you switched off the thumbnail function in Word. I�m not sure if that is the correct name, but it�s the picture you get, when you show the documents in your windows as thumbnails. These pics increase the document�s size in Worde immensly. In an open Word document you can switch them off under properties and summary (hopefully that is the correct translation...). There should be a box to tick for saving thumbnails or not.
These are just additional tips. Hope they are helpful.

7 Oct 2008