Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > COMPLAINTS    

COMPLAINTS

mpaula3107
Brazil

COMPLAINTS

Hi, folks, how are you?

I �m here to make a complain. I �m sorry if I am not polite, but I �d like to ask you sth: when you download a ws, please leave a message. Otherwise, we will think our great effort to make a ws has no sense.
I feel stupid. Why spend long hours preparing a ws if many people won �t download it, not even let us know if you liked it?

Thanks for reading.

Michele

22 Mar 2009      

alien boy
Japan

This has been discussed at great length over many many posts (just search the forum & you �ll see what I mean...)

Some people (most members, actually) will not leave a message. Some will leave a �thanks �. Others do not believe you should leave a message unless it has more constructive content.

If I see something I am either not sure about or I know to be an error I try to comment immediately - because, after all, I look through a worksheet preview before I download anything.
Sometimes it may take me a little while to use a download, but I am trying to leave a constructive comment for anything I download - even if it�s just to point out why something is good.I hope others will make time to leave comments after they�ve amended &/or used the worksheets that are so generously shared.
If you leave feedback in the �comments� section rather than just �personal messaging� or emailing someone then other members will also benefit from your experience with that worksheet.
Just my opinion anyway.

Regards,
AB

22 Mar 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hi Michele! Alien Boy has answered to the first part of your post and I �ll answer the second.

When It takes us long hours preparing a worksheet and just a few people download it, it �s time to stop and reflect on what could  be wrong with it. If you cannot find out by yourself, you should analyse carefully some of the most downloaded worksheets on a similar topic, or at least focused on the same skill, and compare the work. I �ve downloaded one of your worksheets, the one on the topic inclusion - the video "standing outside the fire"-  because I think it has great potential and matched your complaint. I �ve left you a comment with my opinion - which must be seen as only that, an opinion of another teacher who �s trying to help - and some suggestions. Hope you find it useful.

Have a nice day,
mena  

22 Mar 2009     

silvanija
Lithuania

Dear Michele,
when I make a ws because me or my students need it and after that I share it here, I do not mind whether it is popular or not. But when someone makes a ws just for eslprintables and it appears useless for others... Of course it can disappoint. In this case it is better to follow Mena �s advices. Wink

22 Mar 2009     

mpaula3107
Brazil

ok... thanks for your advices.

I �ll try to do my best

hugs

22 Mar 2009