Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > FREE? Clipart sites??    

FREE? Clipart sites??

pfreites
Argentina

FREE? Clipart sites??

Hi, teachers!
                     Once again I�m asking you for some help, this time regarding FREE CLIP ART SITES. I have also found two FREE Clipart sites of really beautiful borders and frames I�d like to share with you but I�ve found it really complicated to understand their Privacy Policies!! I�ve asked for help to others teachers and they suggested me to ask you, too.
 Besides, I�ve saved some BORDERS on my computer (by clicking on the image and then double clik on "save as")but I won�t use them till I�m sure they are Free. So, if any of you have a little time please visit the following pages and tell me if you can understand their terms of use and if  they are really FREE.

Free Clip Art/Borders/Webphotomart.com

Clip Art of.com-Royalty-free clipart.Borders Illustrations

Thanks a lot for being there.

22 Mar 2009      

Damielle
Argentina

Thank you dear friend for these links. I don �t know why, but I can �t see any pictures in the second one.

(Please, correct me if I �m mistaken) "free clipart" is not the same than  "public domain clipart" . In the first case, you may have to pay in order to acquire the right to use that clipart "freely". "Public domain" means that it can be used freely without paying. Nevertheless, there may be  certain rules of use to restrict it.

To all members and specially for new commers:

I would like to remind all of you who may feel tempted  to upload these beautiful frames as worksheets that this clipart can be very useful to create new worksheets but Pleeeeeaaaaase, don �t copy and paste the pictures and upload them here as worksheets!!! . Use your abilities to create somehing different, original!!!

22 Mar 2009     

pfreites
Argentina

Dear damielle,
                           I think you didn�t understand my point, I don�t want pictures I only need some borders to ADD to my WORKSHEETS. I�m not used to copy and paste ,as you say, although I know that many teachers here do that ; I�ve read the rules here and that�s why I�m asking for help so as not  to do anything illegal or wrong . So, please, before adding such red comments on a REPLY, check the teacher�s work and DON�T  THINK THAT ALL OF US ARE THE SAME!
I�m using my abilities to create something different, though many times it might be poor, but at least I�m trying.

Anyway, thanks for your answer.

By the way, could you please be so kind as to share the web page where you�ve taken such beautiful borders; that�s what I�M LOOKING FOR, some nice borders.

22 Mar 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

Dear pfreites, don �t take me wroooooooong,please!!! . I welcome your suggestions!!!

My suggestion is for everybody but not specially you!!! I �m just telling (and everybody) that there are different types of clipart just because some people don �t know it!!!

Regarding the second point, I �ve written that because ,as the borders you posted are so nice, some people may feel tempted to paste them on a word document and upload as a worksheet. It usually happens here that after such a suggestion appears some people, specially newcomers do this becuase they still are not familiar with the rules.

I �m so sorry for this misunderstanging and I recognize that it may be my fault becuase I didn �t express myself correctly. I �m far away from being offensive with anybody.

Regarding the the web page where I have taken the borders, I would say that I can �t tell you too much because, as many people here know, I have twice lost all the files stored in my computer including the links saved in my favourites. Anyways, I always look at my colleages suggestions about that. Aftab has posted many. check here:

And also do the same that I do when getting graphics. See my post about getting them but type "paper frames" or "borders" instead:

22 Mar 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Some border clip art.

22 Mar 2009     

pfreites
Argentina

aftab57,

Thanks so much for always being ready to help us!! And for providing useful information.

THANKS A LOT!!!

22 Mar 2009